• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

After Market Floor Mount Cup Holders?

Maddog7

About the only thing I dislike about my '02 TC is the stupid "cup holders" that are part of the pull out ash tray. These are not functional whatsoever. If you have one, you know what I'm talking about.

I've been looking around for an after market product that would simply sit on the floor over the "center hump" w/ deep enough holders that cups are not tipping when rounding corners. No such luck w/ one that would actually fit.

Has anybody come across such an item?

AbeLinc

lol. That's been one of my few complaints too; mine's an '01 TC Exec. So far I haven't found anything, and kind of gave up trying a couple of years ago. My short commuter mug actually stays put in the front pull out ash tray/cup holders, but I haven't found much else that does, and I don't care for the way it looks. The '03 and newer have a much better system for the front; I'd love to simply swap out the center armrest component of mine with an '03 or newer armrest unit but matching the upholstery color would be a challenge. Mine's a medium blue. Sorry, no real help here!

All2kool

Portland, OR
About the only thing I dislike about my '02 TC is the stupid "cup holders" that are part of the pull out ash tray. These are not functional whatsoever. If you have one, you know what I'm talking about.

I've been looking around for an after market product that would simply sit on the floor over the "center hump" w/ deep enough holders that cups are not tipping when rounding corners. No such luck w/ one that would actually fit.

Has anybody come across such an item?
Is replacing the Center Console with one from a 2003-2011 model possible?

BobE

Hi
I bought my first LTC a couple of months ago and had to have a better cup/phone holder. Nothing that I found on the market fit my needs so I made this custom fit one. I'm thinking of making these to sell. It's sturdy, holds two 30oz or smaller cups, has 2 lighter outlets. I should have them on my website in a week or two elwoodindustries.com
WP_20200125_10_24_32_Pro.jpg
WP_20200125_10_23_08_Pro.jpg

bmarler

my cup holders are fine in my 2011 tc, but i did check your website quickly. you should pattern out the tc seat covers and offer those too. your pricing looks competitive and good quality too.

BobE

bmarler I did make the patterns and new skins for my car. I used hides that weren't selling so I had to settle for the color. Haven't done the center console yet but soon. There are some challenges to making them mainly due to the airbag in the seat. Ford sewed a heavy nylon bag with a heavy steel zipper to house the airbag into the seam so I need to make a new airbag bag or come up with another idea that carries no liability.
WP_20200128_15_57_39_Pro[1].jpg
WP_20200128_15_55_07_Pro[1].jpg

Lily White

Hi
I bought my first LTC a couple of months ago and had to have a better cup/phone holder. Nothing that I found on the market fit my needs so I made this custom fit one. I'm thinking of making these to sell. It's sturdy, holds two 30oz or smaller cups, has 2 lighter outlets. I should have them on my website in a week or two elwoodindustries.com
View attachment 7335
View attachment 7336
I'd be interested.........However my phone has a case which prevents a wireless charge. Keep us alerted.

Lily White

Wow, even better. I think I have the same case, and I just assumed it would not work. Can't wait to try it! Thanks.

Hi
View attachment 7335
View attachment 7336
That is super cool. I have an 07 TC, and while I have no real complaint about the cupholder, I don't have a cool way to mount my phone for Android Auto. I have that same white USB cord eminating from my Pioneer system, and usually just drop my phone into one of the cup holders. Beautiful!

bmarler

bmarler I did make the patterns and new skins for my car. I used hides that weren't selling so I had to settle for the color. Haven't done the center console yet but soon. There are some challenges to making them mainly due to the airbag in the seat. Ford sewed a heavy nylon bag with a heavy steel zipper to house the airbag into the seam so I need to make a new airbag bag or come up with another idea that carries no liability.
View attachment 7344
View attachment 7345
those look like butter... my stitching is different being a 2011 car. i tried to buy an oem seat bottom cover listed on ebay but the seller didn't really have one. they just aren't available.
mine is ok, just not perfect like i want. i know i could take it to a shop but then i'd have to take the seat out again.
if you ever pattern out a 2011 let me know. i really only want a drivers side bottom though, and the leather would need to match. no problem right?

BobE

Wow, even better. I think I have the same case, and I just assumed it would not work. Can't wait to try it! Thanks.
Just in case there's a misunderstanding, we will be selling a floor mounted cup holder with two cigarette lighter outlets. The phone charger is just shown as an example of how you can mount your phone and charge it from one of our cup holder cigarette outlets. The charger is my wife's, she bought it on Amazon, and yes she also has an Otter Box on her phone and the charger works through the Otter Box. This charger is good solution for using navigation on your phone while keeping it charged and being able to see the screen.

There is one issue if you wire the cup holder lighter outlets to the cigarette outlets in the car and that is that the cigarette lighters in the car are on all the time and if you leave a charger plugged in you will have a parasitic draw on your battery. So we will offer, as an option, a wiring kit that includes a relay and instructions on how to wire the outlets so they turn off when the key is turned off.

Last edited:

BobE

those look like butter... my stitching is different being a 2011 car. i tried to buy an oem seat bottom cover listed on ebay but the seller didn't really have one. they just aren't available.
mine is ok, just not perfect like i want. i know i could take it to a shop but then i'd have to take the seat out again.
if you ever pattern out a 2011 let me know. i really only want a drivers side bottom though, and the leather would need to match. no problem right?
The leather hides I used are very soft and with the new 1/2" foam lining they are very comfortable.

I'll try to get old skins for the later years to make a patterns from but it might take awhile. Salvage yards don't sell just the skins they sell whole seats, so unless I find one locally the shipping is too much.

HTML