• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Add factory nav and reverse camera to none nav MKS?

jlpierce70

But his is an 2009. I know I bought everything from a 2009 for my 2010 and the 2009 stuff was different. Maybe his car is also different in what it has?

You'd have to take the current radio out and see what you have for harnesses. I have all the 2009 stuff if you need me to check the pics of your harnesses against what the back of the nav radio has.

Ted73 is probably right, but since there is clearly a difference between 09 and 10 never hurts to try. Only costs you the time to pull the radio out for quick look at the harnesses.

Ted73 does your manual show all years of MKS?

gjanz

When I posted I didn't even see the second page of info! The wiring diagrams look handy, apologies if it's posted and I didn't see it, but is there any more info on wiring for the camera other than C4357?

I'm hoping it's doable with my car since it does have the factory navigation package, just no camera. It's a Canadian model so not sure if that's something to do with it. I haven't had a chance to pop out head-unit or screen but I hope it's something silly like a fuse or unplugged connector.

jlpierce70

Since you mentioned a fuse or connector, are you saying you already have the rear camera built into the trim on the rear of the car?

gjanz

Since you mentioned a fuse or connector, are you saying you already have the rear camera built into the trim on the rear of the car?
No, it doesn't have the camera built into the trim of the car. I got the camera and trim from an ebay salvage yard. The car is loaded with just about all the options (nav, thx audio, adaptive headlights, moonroof, etc) except for AWD and the rear camera. I found the shop manual for 2009 and at first look it seems that all the wiring is there but the camera doesn't get activated when put into reverse. The video cables are wired to the screen and the camera shares a fuse with other accessories that are working. When I get a chance I want to get a multimeter and verify the wiring before possibly replacing the ACM (the recommended fix when camera feed doesn't display in reverse).

What is the model # of the ACM you were trying to use? Did it come out of the same car as the camera?

Last edited:

jlpierce70

Maybe you just need Ford or a mechanic with the computer stuff to turn on the camera? I've added other things to cars in the past and it was a matter of telling the BCM that there was that item now in the car

Ted73

Allentown, PA
Just catching up to this thread. The photo showing the connector C2123 goes to the back of the screen. When I removed my FDIM to check out the connector, there were 5 wires which makes sense since I did not have the nav screen. I did not realize you have the nav already in your car(surprised it did not have a camera) Check to see if your plug contains 11 wires connecting to the screen which will match up to the wiring in C2123.

Attachments

Ted73

Allentown, PA
As for what jlpierce70 indicated, I think you might want to contact the dealer. I've added two other attachments. On the bottom page 415-00-157, there is a note stating' Module configuration is required when a new FDIM is being installed'. I thought it would be the same for your situation but not sure.

Attachments

gjanz

Thanks for the suggestions! Yes, C2123 does have all the necessary wiring already. Like you guys thought, the APIM does need to be configured for the camera. I've seen other Ford owners were able to use ForScan to enable the camera so I'm looking into that route first before taking it to the dealer.

gjanz

Got it working, the camera needed to be enabled in the ACM. Used ForScan to modify the setting.

Setting was:
Code:
727-01-01 A100 9CAD 90AA
I pulled an As Built sheet from motorcraft from another similarly equipped MKS that had a camera. I do really find it odd that it didn't come with a camera considering the options. It may be an early model before the camera was widely available or maybe because it was built for the Canadian market (gauge cluster in kilometers, etc). In any event, glad to have this done, now to fix all the other issues with the car.

HTML