Adaptive steering fault light

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

ALS18

I need help with my 2018 Lincoln Continental Select where the Adaptive steering fault light has been on over a month. ALS18 has been to the dealership several times. Currently waiting diagnosis from engineers.
I also need help with a loud clonking sound from the transmission at under 20mph. ALS18 has 17,000 miles.

kkriskal

ALS18, check out this thread for the transmission hard shift that you are facing. It seems to be the exact same thing that many of us are facing.

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
@ALS18 joined on Sept 4 2019 and was last on this site on Sept 7 2019. Not an unusual experience, probably posted to a number of sites and got what he wanted from one or the dealer. Unfortunate there is no update on solution, but that too is not unusual.

Al L

Just had this same yellow “ Adaptive Steering Fault Service Reg’d” on 7/11/19 assembled Lincoln Nautilus. Bring car to Dealer on Black Friday no less. This could be a coding “ recalibration issue”, but see no Ford / Lincoln notes on the issue except for the same assembly plant the previous year. But who knows how these same guys set up the car with what is on the shelf. Anyone have any updates on say the 2019/ 2020 Nautilus version of the older Lincoln MKZ which had the same problem?