Adaptive Cruise Control

Thread starter #1

vinaygoel2000

Houston
Has anyone had any experience with the need to get the adaptive cruise control sensor re-calibrated? I have been noticing that my car gives me the red light on the windshield warning mostly every time it brakes for me when there is a car in front of me. The car does brake hard enough and I dont have to interject or apply brakes manually. I do have the collision sensing on the least sensitive mode so red light coming more than often does concern me. Not sure if the sensor needs to re-calibrated or simply the screws need to be tightened.

Thoughts?

Sagar810

If the car in front of you brakes very hard, the lights do go on, I have had that happen once or twice but only if there is someone who cuts in the very last minute and then brakes hard. Almost like an Ahole move. On regular highway adaptive cruise, it has never happened to me.

Thread starter #10

vinaygoel2000

Houston
I'm seeing this mostly when car in front is already stopped but I'm still quite far and my car doesnt start to apply brakes soon enough. It applies at the last second and causes the red light warning. I keep the distance between cars to the minimum. Maybe that's the issue?

Sagar810

I'm seeing this mostly when car in front is already stopped but I'm still quite far and my car doesnt start to apply brakes soon enough. It applies at the last second and causes the red light warning. I keep the distance between cars to the minimum. Maybe that's the issue?
Should not be, I always keep the distance minimum unless its really cold or wet. Without keeping it to minimum, people dont move over or there is someone who cuts in front of you. You definitely have an issue. When the car in front of you is stopped, you car should have slowed down enough to come below 20 when it will just have "CHIME" asking you to take over. If you dont apply the brake even after that, then the collision warning should come on.

In your case, your collision warning is set to minimum, what if you change it to maximum does it just get worse? if it stays the same then there is something wrong with the alligment camera setting/radar angle placement. This definitely does look like a liability issue on part of lincoln, it should disable the adaptive cruise function all together if the angle or alligment changes!

Also, what if you try disabling the collision warning all together? does the braking behavior improve?

Thread starter #15
So I disabled the collision warning and although the light doesnt come on anymore (Duh!!), I still feel the sensor is not slowing me down far enough. It applies hard brakes when I can clearly see the car stopped in front of me.

Also, collision warning turns on every time I start the car.

So I disabled the collision warning and although the light doesnt come on anymore (Duh!!), I still feel the sensor is not slowing me down far enough. It applies hard brakes when I can clearly see the car stopped in front of me.

Also, collision warning turns on every time I start the car.
Something does seems to be funky. This is definitely something a dealer should check, althought I had a 2013 Chrysler before this and it would slow down much more gradual than the MKT does it however is not worrying. It does brake in time and still feeling safe with distance set to minimum.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML