Accessory Position On Igniton

ronsec

Upstate NY
I picked up my Nautilus last week and so far really like the car. Maybe I'm missing something, but is there an "accessory" position on the ignition button? I like to listen to the radio when my wife shops and all I can seem to do is have the ignition full on (but engine not running) or turn it on then off and listen using the retained accessory power (which shuts off way too soon).

The only other nit I have with the vehicle is the low resolution on the outside cameras.

One last thing: My salesman promised me I would start to look like Matthew McConaughey after driving the Nautilus. How long do you think it will take? My wife is excited at the prospect, for some reason.

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
I picked up my Nautilus last week and so far really like the car. Maybe I'm missing something, but is there an "accessory" position on the ignition button? I like to listen to the radio when my wife shops and all I can seem to do is have the ignition full on (but engine not running) or turn it on then off and listen using the retained accessory power (which shuts off way too soon).

The only other nit I have with the vehicle is the low resolution on the outside cameras.

One last thing: My salesman promised me I would start to look like Matthew McConaughey after driving the Nautilus. How long do you think it will take? My wife is excited at the prospect, for some reason.
Dont press the gas pedal. Just press the ignition button to reach the ACC mode. And do the same procedure is you want to switch it off. (Could be 1-2 clicks based on what all you want to turn on). Once you try it, should be very easy to get an idea of what it is doing.

Last edited:

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
This should have happened the day you bought the car, There is a "Matthew McConaughey" kit that comes with the new lincolns, in case you did not get that, you could take it back to the sales guy. He should be able to arrange one for you. This is very easy to obtain. Almost all 2018+ lincoln owners look the same..

bbf2530

Hi ronsec. Your only choice is "retained power accessory", as you have discovered.

For those not aware of what that is: Without pressing the brake pedal, push the START button once, then a second time. That will put you in "retained power accessory", the equivalent of accessory mode. However, it will still turn off after ~10 minutes, so you will need to rinse and repeat every ~10 minutes. It is a programmed that way to avoid leaving the car with the radio or other accessories/lights etc on, thus killing the battery. That can not be avoided or reprogrammed (to my knowledge).

On a related note: Even my 2007 MKZ (which still used a key, no push button start), turned off accessory mode after 10 minutes, to protect the battery.

Good luck.

Last edited:

jfed1180

One press on the audio power switch will turn it on, even with no key present. The power switch is the center of the volume knob. Press it again to turn the system off. I don't remember if it is on a timer. I like it because it does not turn on a bunch of lights, just the screen.

CARR142

HTML