acceleration on Startup

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Jerry Dillen

I just purchased a new 2020 Corsair, at startup it is choppy and hesitates shifting into gears. Does everybody else have this problem?

Lorenzo

So did you ever get this sorted out?

Lorenzo

I do not have that issue, and had 2 Corsair's. Dealer needs to look at it.
[/QUOTE]tferia22, Did you have the 2.0 or bigger engine in those corsairs, Thanks

Jim Roberts

HI folks, you will probably notice a stumble when shifting at low speed with the 2.0l engine. It happens with the 2.3 but is less noticeable. It appears to me to be a function of the engine going into boost at 1200 to 1500 RPM then falling off boost when the transmission shifts lowing the RPM causing an uneven power delivery. Of the various small displacement turbo autos I have driven it has been noticed in all of them to some degree.

dfierle

I have a new 2020 Corsair bought in May 2020. I have the same issue with shifting at low speeds. I have taken it to the dealer and he said a lot of people are complaining about it. He gave me the number for the Corporate desk to file a complaint. I was contacted immediately and they tried to help but they said there were no recalls for that subject. I then filed a lemon law with them and wanted Lincoln to buy back my car so I could buy a different model form them but they denied the request. They said to keep taking it back to the dealer. I will be doing that next week. The problem is so annoying that I am looking at selling this one and getting another car but definitely NOT a Lincoln. Does anyone have any further info on this problem?

bigblue2007

Boston, MA
I have a new 2020 Corsair bought in May 2020. I have the same issue with shifting at low speeds. I have taken it to the dealer and he said a lot of people are complaining about it. He gave me the number for the Corporate desk to file a complaint. I was contacted immediately and they tried to help but they said there were no recalls for that subject. I then filed a lemon law with them and wanted Lincoln to buy back my car so I could buy a different model form them but they denied the request. They said to keep taking it back to the dealer. I will be doing that next week. The problem is so annoying that I am looking at selling this one and getting another car but definitely NOT a Lincoln. Does anyone have any further info on this problem?
I doubt they'll buy it back.

It appears its mainly an issue with the 2.0 engine.

The dealership could reset the programming on the transmission. That's what they did to mine twice. The transmission is an adaptive learning transmission.

The more miles I have driven... Up to 9100ish it doesn't it doesn't shift hard in low gears as often.

When driving in low gears 0-30 mph press the pedal with less pressure than you normally do. I also let up on the pressure when I anticipate it might hard shift. That's my work around until the lease is up.

Jim Roberts above gives the explanation above in this trail as to why it's happening. It's a turbo engine issue.

Chase2020

I just purchased a new 2020 Corsair, at startup it is choppy and hesitates shifting into gears. Does everybody else have this problem?
I have noticed the same. If I am stuck in slow traffic, at 14 to 15 miles per hour is surges forward twice--then if you let your foot off the gas it bumps back. Drives me crazy when having to keep it at slow. Seems like a transmission adjustment would help but can't get a service appointment to try.

Chase2020

I'm just going to trade it in in another non Lincoln vehicle and take the loss on the lease. Can't stand the bumping back and forth at low speeds.

bigblue2007

Boston, MA
I have noticed the same. If I am stuck in slow traffic, at 14 to 15 miles per hour is surges forward twice--then if you let your foot off the gas it bumps back. Drives me crazy when having to keep it at slow. Seems like a transmission adjustment would help but can't get a service appointment to try.
Service won’t do anything about it. It’s just the way the car is.

Chase2020

I do not have that issue, and had 2 Corsair's. Dealer needs to look at it.
You have to really keep the speed between 12 and 16 to really notice. If you accelerated fast to above 20 you won't hardly notice. When you keep it slow it surges ahead twice quickly--if it's shifting it's shifting awfully close together. Then let off the gas--it will bump back twice. When in heavy and slow traffic you are bumping all over the place.

bigblue2007

Boston, MA
You have to really keep the speed between 12 and 16 to really notice. If you accelerated fast to above 20 you won't hardly notice. When you keep it slow it surges ahead twice quickly--if it's shifting it's shifting awfully close together. Then let off the gas--it will bump back twice. When in heavy and slow traffic you are bumping all over the place.
I know exactly what you mean. It’s awful.

Corsart

Does changing the performance settings alter this? And when were your cars made? Mine is a Sept.build and I do not have this, maybe a service trans update is available?

Dguffin

SD
Mine does same thing. I would guess it's a trans software issue, but there hasn't been one yet.

Chase2020

Does changing the performance settings alter this? And when were your cars made? Mine is a Sept.build and I do not have this, maybe a service trans update is available?
I'm trying to get it in for service to find out if changing the settings will help.. So far they haven't had openings. I don't know which month it was built. I bought in August 2020.

bbf2530

I'm trying to get it in for service to find out if changing the settings will help.. So far they haven't had openings. I don't know which month it was built. I bought in August 2020.

Hi Chase. The vehicle build month/year is listed on the manufacturers plate, located on the drivers side door sill.

Good luck.