'99 TC upgrade to factory subwoofer???

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

goair99

Can someone please explain if it is possible to add a factory subwoofer to my '99 TC Exc.? Is there an existing wiring harness? Do I have to get an Alpine head unit?
Thanks!

goair99

Is it possible to easily upgrade to a factory subwoofer on a '99 TC Exc? Is there an existing wire harness? Do I need the Alpine head unit + amp?

Thanks!

Corsart

Is it possible to easily upgrade to a factory subwoofer on a '99 TC Exc? Is there an existing wire harness? Do I need the Alpine head unit + amp?

Thanks!
Subs are great additions to any stereo system (car or home) but they typically require a separate amplifier to create the sound you're probably looking for. The factory unit from '99 won't do it, there isn't enough power for the door speakers and then, a separate sub. So, you'll be left with very muddy sound, not the punch you're after. If you're going thru the trouble of tearing the car apart to wire a sub, you might as well replace and upgrade the had unit, and probably the other speakers as well.

raiderfan247365

Western Oregon
Hey there @goair99, I'd have to agree with the others who have responded. If your car did not come with the factory amp and subwoofer package, you are better off just getting an aftermarket head unit, amp, and sub. If you are set on keeping the stock look and feel but adding the subwoofer you'd probably still need to wire in the sub and amp anyway (you'd have to find them first which would present it's own problems). Good luck.