• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

99 Continental Power Seat Motor Replacement Question

paulnj

I need to replace the Left Power Seat Motor Assembly on a 1999 Continental. This car has the memory seat. I can't find any info on a direct replacement. I see that later years have a similar motor assembly. My thought was to replace with Motorcraft MM951. Anyone have any suggestions or experience for a good replacement part number or source?

Thanks,

Paul

paulnj

UPDATE:
I was able to replace the left power seat motor on my 1999 Lincoln Continental. I replaced it with a Motorcraft MM-951. This assembly is available from several places. It is not specifically listed for this car but fit my car well.

See this video which was helpful:

Thanks to the individual who put the video up.

The only modification required was to reverse the wires that go to the forward/reverse motor. These wires were in the brown connector on the left as you view the seat frame from the rear.

If possible, move the seat so that the drive gear is aligned with the exit track on the seat rail closest to the door using a 12vdc source with clip jumpers once the seat is removed. This is to allow the seat motor/gearbox assy. to be removed.

Be sure to disconnect the car battery for five minutes before removing any electrical connectors for the driver's seat.

I also cleaned and lubricated the seat tracks while I had the seat removed.

This took about 2 hours.

Good Luck,

Paul

HTML