9 month wait time for new Aviator!!

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Ford Explorer FL

Nov 29, 2021
Went to Lincoln dealer today and was told that all New Lincoln orders, have a 4 month minimum. to 9 month expected, wait time for new Aviator!!
Dealer would not accept my order even at 9 month delivery time frame.
(FULL MSRP PLUS) no not fiction just fustration!

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
Went to Lincoln dealer today and was told that all New Lincoln orders, have a 4 month minimum. to 9 month expected, wait time for new Aviator!!

Hi F E and welcome to the Lincoln Forums. Try another Lincoln Dealer, if you have one available. Especially considering that price point.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
My Lincoln
2020 Aviator Reserve
Welcome to the Forum.
wavey.gif

I'm beginning to wonder a bit about my 48 month lease which is up on October 31, 2023. Usually, because of my ultra low mileage, the dealer is prepared to make me offers at the end of 36 months. I wonder if this situation will have resolved itself by then? The vehicles on the lot, when they have any, are usually not fully optioned the way I would like.

Peter

lmaine

Jan 6, 2022
I ordered a 2022 Lincoln Aviator December 10 and it’s scheduled to be built January 17, 2022.

tgara

Aug 31, 2021
Connecticut
My Lincoln
2021 Nautilus
Welcome to the Forum.
wavey.gif

I'm beginning to wonder a bit about my 48 month lease which is up on October 31, 2023. Usually, because of my ultra low mileage, the dealer is prepared to make me offers at the end of 36 months. I wonder if this situation will have resolved itself by then? The vehicles on the lot, when they have any, are usually not fully optioned the way I would like.

Peter
I was in the same dilemma last year with my MKZ lease with regards to end-of-lease timing and getting a new vehicle. In my case, the lease was up in May, so I started shopping new vehicles in February (both inventory searches and the possibility of a factory order). I figured one of two things would happen: (1) I would find a vehicle prior to the lease termination date, in which case Lincoln would do a lease "pull-ahead" to get me into the new vehicle, or (2) I would find a vehicle after the lease termination date, in which case I would simply extend the lease on the MKZ until such time as I found a new vehicle. Due to Covid and parts shortages, Option 2 was what actually happened. With very few vehicles on the lots, I ordered my Nautilus in March, had to extend the MKZ lease for 3 months, and finally took delivery of the Nautilus in August. No big deal, in the end I got exactly the vehicle I wanted.

I should add also that Lincoln was very easy to work with on the lease extension -- the Lincoln Financial Services (LFS) rep I spoke with knew production was slow, so they were happy to extend it, and even offered to do it for more time if necessary. In fact, you don't even have to call about it anymore, I think you can go onto your LFS account page and request an extension online.

As for pricing, when I ordered my vehicle in March, the dealer made a commitment to a certain price that included a discount (on top of a few Lincoln incentives). Of course, by the time I took actual delivery 5 months later, the market had changed, but my dealer honored the original price we agreed to back in March. My salesman told me that supplies had become further constrained, so they were not doing significant discounts anymore. The take-away message for you is that the price you negotiate will be significantly impacted by market conditions at the time, so you might want to wait a bit and see how the supply problems work out. That said, be prepared to pay near MSRP or maybe more if conditions warrant it.

jfarmer

Dec 28, 2011
i would look for a different dealer

whosurdaddy

Jan 9, 2022
Aviator is an Allocated vehicle, and not all Lincoln's can be sold by all dealers. Unfortunately, service will be performed by the closest dealer to your home address even if its not the more distant but preferred store that you bought from.

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
Hi gang. Just to clear up any confusion: With the exception of Black Label trim models, all Lincoln Dealers can sell all Lincoln vehicles. Black Label vehicles can only be sold by Black Label certified Lincoln Dealers

And we can have your Lincoln vehicle serviced at any Lincoln Dealership we choose, including the one we purchased the vehicle at, no matter what Lincoln Dealer may be closest to our home address. That being said, it is only natural that the Dealer where we purchased our vehicles may be inclined to provide quicker appointments, extra little perks etc., since we purchased there.

The only exception to that rule would be if we use the Lincoln complementary road service to tow our vehicle to a Lincoln Dealer. In that case, if our preferred Dealer is too far from the point of breakdown, our vehicle will be towed to the nearest Lincoln Dealer.

Hope everyone gets their vehicles as soon as possible and good luck.

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
My Lincoln
2020 Aviator Reserve
I bought mine and have it serviced at the same dealership I bought my previous Explorers at. They are a Ford/Lincoln dealership.;)

Peter

whosurdaddy

Jan 9, 2022
Hi gang. Just to clear up any confusion: With the exception of Black Label trim models, all Lincoln Dealers can sell all Lincoln vehicles. Black Label vehicles can only be sold by Black Label certified Lincoln Dealers

And we can have your Lincoln vehicle serviced at any Lincoln Dealership we choose, including the one we purchased the vehicle at, no matter what Lincoln Dealer may be closest to our home address. That being said, it is only natural that the Dealer where we purchased our vehicles may be inclined to provide quicker appointments, extra little perks etc., since we purchased there.

The only exception to that rule would be if we use the Lincoln complementary road service to tow our vehicle to a Lincoln Dealer. In that case, if our preferred Dealer is too far from the point of breakdown, our vehicle will be towed to the nearest Lincoln Dealer.

Hope everyone gets their vehicles as soon as possible and good luck.

Thank you for that. Can you tell me where this information about vehicle service comes from, which is different from what I was "told" by sales? I've never seen anything in writing. Would be good to have leverage if necessary in the future.

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
My Lincoln
2020 Aviator Reserve
Thank you for that. Can you tell me where this information about vehicle service comes from, which is different from what I was "told" by sales? I've never seen anything in writing. Would be good to have leverage if necessary in the future.
I would guess that the salesperson told you that in order to keep you coming back to the dealership and to ensure that any servicing is done by their personnel. You can take your Lincoln to any Lincoln or, I believe, Ford dealership.

Peter

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011

Hi whosurdaddy. This is a common knowledge type of question. A Lincoln vehicle can be taken for warranty or regular service to any Lincoln Dealership. We are not limited to the "closest dealer to your home", or any particular Lincoln Dealer.

Your salesperson was either not clear in what they were saying, misinformed, or intentionally misinforming you.

And as "peterk9" mentioned above, we can take our Lincoln to a Ford Dealership for warranty and regular service. However, if we do, we are not entitled to a Lincoln complementary loaner and other Lincoln-only perks.
Also, when considering warranty work, keep in mind there are some Lincoln only features that a Ford Tech may be less familiar with than a Lincoln Tech.

For warranty work, I would advise using only a Lincoln Dealer. For regular service (oil changes etc.), there would be no harm using a Ford Dealer (both use the same Motorcraft parts), especially since you can often find better discount coupons and prices for that type of regular maintenance at Ford Dealers.

And again, it is only human nature and the nature of business that the Dealer where we purchased our vehicle may provide quicker, more "polite" service with extra little perks, which another Dealer may not necessarily provide.

Good luck.

Last edited:

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
i ordered a 2023 lincoln aviator reserve, what do you think delivery time will be

Hi G-36. There is no way to give you any sort of accurate delivery date. Pandemic induced commodity/computer chip/parts shortages, transportation delays etc. have production times and vehicle deliveries in a mess for all automakers, including Lincoln Ford.

In the pre-pandemic past, an 8 week delivery time would be a good guesstimate. But that is completely out the window now.

All you can do is keep in contact with Lincoln and your Dealership, sign up for the order/production/delivery notifications from Lincoln, and hope for the best.

Let us know how you make out and good luck,.

Last edited:

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
My Lincoln
2020 Aviator Reserve
i ordered a 2023 lincoln aviator reserve, what do you think delivery time will be
As mentioned, it's difficult to predict given all the variables. Check out some of the threads. Some members were given forecasted delivery dates already.

Peter

Action

Aug 12, 2005
Phoenix, AZ 85008-1418
And this market condition is not limited to Lincoln or Ford Motor Company.
It is an industry wide thing.

Action

1bad440gtx

Jul 25, 2022
My Lincoln
2022 Aviator Grand Touring I
Call around and let salespeople know you are looking for one and let them know to give you call if one comes in. Might get lucky like we did, found a declined Special Order Aviator GT, which is what we wanted. Only took 3 weeks! He even called us a few times for non GT 2022s as the came in.

Pete@STAP

Jan 2, 2008
Ontario
My Lincoln
2023 Aviator Reserve 201A
Looks like 9 weeks for me. Details in my Signature.

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
Looks like 9 weeks for me. Details in my Signature.
9 weeks is as good or even better than the pre-pandemic days.

Peter

Hi gang. That is great, and hopefully that 9 week wait will work out to be true.

The problem is that others, such as the OP and "G-362501" are asking about the wait period they can expect. And that 9 week wait which Pete@STAP is currently scheduled to and hoping for has absolutely no relevance to the wait that others may encounter.

Dealer allocation, commodity and parts shortages/constraints (which can vary from week to week and even day to day), shipping delays etc. etc...all make any predictions completely inaccurate.

The truth is, due to ever changing commodity constraints and shortages, even a single option difference, or a different paint or interior leather color, can result in a months longer wait. And that can change from week to week/day to day.

We have all seen how scheduled build dates have been pushed back for months, or moved back up, etc. etc.

Therefore...the short version: The only accurate answer is that none of us have any idea how long any particular order will take to be delivered.
And how long one order takes to be built/delivered has absolutely no relevance to another order.

I want to make it absolutely clear that I am not trying to stop anyone from discussing whatever they wish. ;)
However, I am trying to let those asking the "How long will my order take..." question know that there is no correlation between the wait time of one order to another. So take the experiences of others as no more than amusing anecdotes.

Bottom line...There is no way to accurately predict current order wait times.

Good luck. 🍻

Last edited: