`87 town car speed problem

Mark007

fuelrail issues

well like was said we are having the fuelrail issue as was forseen and i truly thought i was going to make it, but it didnt work out that way. but first thing first check ouy these pics here. this was before the fuelrail alignment issue. the fuelrails were stopping me from putting on the distributor so i took the driverside off and stabbed the dizzy. when i replaced the rail i shimmed it with 1/8in spacer, but it still rubs the dizzy. does this seem like a problem or has anyone had this happen to them and let it ride or did you do anythingelse for clearance.

my next issues was also like stated the drverside fuelrail keeps the intake manifold misaligned. yes i do have the .5 and 1in heat spacers but the put the blower too high to align accessory brackets and not just blower bracket.

hotorod88lsc

fuelrail issues

Use the small cap and rotor from an early 289, no spacer on the bottom of the cap anymore and it\'s MUCH smaller.

Mike

CRAFT1

fuelrail issues

Put a 3/8 spacer under the KB. Shim the rail. No shim in the back and shim the front out till the injector almost touches the side of the hole in the intake. Then push the rail rearward and tighten bolts. You will then have to install the fitting in the back of the rail and then file off part of the hex ontop of the fitting so the KB will not hit on it. Then oblong the hole in the A/C brack so it will raise up the 3/8\" you added to the KB.

Mark007

fuelrail issues

[quote name=\'CRAFT1\']Put a 3/8 spacer under the KB. Shim the rail. No shim in the back and shim the front out till the injector almost touches the side of the hole in the intake. Then push the rail rearward and tighten bolts. You will then have to install the fitting in the back of the rail and then file off part of the hex ontop of the fitting so the KB will not hit on it. Then oblong the hole in the A/C brack so it will raise up the 3/8\" you added to the KB.[/QUOTE]

i knew if i posted you would speak. i appreciate the info and i have a .5 and 1inspacer. i know of a shop here locally that could flat mill the spacer down until i get my desired height. thats actually what i\'ve been doing this morning, just gotta wait on my friend to open shop and mess with it. but i used 4 washer on the front to get it where it is now and 2 on the back. my main concern from there is when the injectors flow will it start to puddle where the oring sits and eventually leak on to manifold(would not be good), due to not seating properly in the hole. if you\'ve done this can you post pics just as a comparison.to make sure i\'m on the right track. thanks in advance to you guys.

CRAFT1

fuelrail issues

As long as the injector is pushed all the way down in the hole it will be fine. I haven\'t had any problems. Just don\'t put force against it. and apply a light coat of motor oil to the \'o\' ring when you install them.

I also slightly bent the brackets on the rail so they lined up with the intake.and the rail set at the angle I wanted it to. That way when tightened the screws the rail didn\'t move or try to twist.

GR40 LSC

fuelrail issues

I will also have pics of my setup here shortly. I really don\'t want to use a spacer for other reasons, and I think that it will work just fine with the two 45 degree street elbows for the back.