78 Mark V passenger seat problem

kimrpaige

Hello All,
My new to me Mark V seems to have an issue with the passenger power seat. My wife got to ride in it for the first time a few days ago and she is all of 5 foot tall and needs to have the seat back foward. Well the seat track will move foward and backwards, but not up and down and the front and rear tilt switches does not move the seat. It seems to click under the seat when trying one of the tilt switches and also clicks when trying to raise the seat but that is it. Other switch movements creates no sound or action at all. I have not removed the switch assembly from the door panel yet as that will probably be my first step. Any suggestions? Also anyplace I can get seat parts/motors if needed?

res0b3uk

Hello All,
My new to me Mark V seems to have an issue with the passenger power seat. My wife got to ride in it for the first time a few days ago and she is all of 5 foot tall and needs to have the seat back foward. Well the seat track will move foward and backwards, but not up and down and the front and rear tilt switches does not move the seat. It seems to click under the seat when trying one of the tilt switches and also clicks when trying to raise the seat but that is it. Other switch movements creates no sound or action at all. I have not removed the switch assembly from the door panel yet as that will probably be my first step. Any suggestions? Also anyplace I can get seat parts/motors if needed?
Make sure you WD-40 the switches. that will help them unstick if they are sticking. You can use switches from lincolns from 1975 to 1988 and right and left are the same

Corsart

Make sure you WD-40 the switches. that will help them unstick if they are sticking. You can use switches from lincolns from 1975 to 1988 and right and left are the same
The clicking indicates the switch is probably fine..it's sending juice...so the issue is in the motor. Check al the connections..clean them and reattach first, but my bet is a shot motor.

kimrpaige

Hello Again,
I found the problem, my passenger side switch is bad. I installed the driver's side switch in the passenger side and seat worked fine. Now I need a switch. Anyone out there have one? Kim

res0b3uk

Hello Again,
I found the problem, my passenger side switch is bad. I installed the driver's side switch in the passenger side and seat worked fine. Now I need a switch. Anyone out there have one? Kim
check your local junk yards, Lincoln town cars also fit it, old Lincoln limos

PIFOUBMW

France
You could start with unmounting your switch and open it carefully to clean copper contacts and remove dirt , because a switch is just a contact box, it should work again.

Because you want to replace it, you have nothing to loose to try to fix it by yourself :) (and post some pictures of your repair which could help other members (y))