72 Mark IV just a list of problem if you can help with just one thats great

MarkIVZuckerberg

This is my first project car and i need all the help I can get.

1. Turn signals. Right now the turn singles won’t work with ignition on or off it won’t work.
2. Fuel system. The fuel system right now is being hooked up with a gas can and being ran off that not the actual tank. I think the gas tank and system maybe rusted but not 100 percent sure.
3. The gas tank straps won’t freaking loosen even after I applied WD-40.
4.The headlights switch is stuck I dont think it works even if I got it unstuck somehow.
5. the entire interior electronics doesn’t seem to work no cigarette lighter works. I don’t think the cluster gauges work, no power windows, no power locks on either door or radio. The only thing that works consistently is the overhead lights, the lights on the door side an the “alternator signal.
6.last but not least the carb keeps overflowing after I crank it and idle it. It idles smooth and runs smooth for a brief moment then overflows on me.
PLEASE HELP ME GUYS.

jkeaton

Winston Salem, NC
1. Are the bulbs good? Have you checked for voltage at the socket? Inspected the wiring? Checked the fuse (s)?
2. Checked the fuel filter? Measured fuel pressure?
3. Probably will have to cut them off and replace with aftermarket.
4. Replace the switch.
5. Check fuses, wiring, etc.
6. Float is probably stuck. May need to rebuild the carb.

MarkIVZuckerberg

1. Are the bulbs good? Have you checked for voltage at the socket? Inspected the wiring? Checked the fuse (s)?
2. Checked the fuel filter? Measured fuel pressure?
3. Probably will have to cut them off and replace with aftermarket.
4. Replace the switch.
5. Check fuses, wiring, etc.
6. Float is probably stuck. May need to rebuild the carb.
Please forgive my ignorance this is the first car I’ve ever worked on.
1. How do I check the bulbs? Where is the socket located?
2. Just bought a new fuel filter I haven’t been able to put it on due to the gas tank nut and bolt being stuck. But how do I measure pressure?
3. Ok
4.Ok
5. I will the fuses and wiring and connectors and see.
6. I was told I maybe have to rebuild but is there any alternative before buying a whole kit?