• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

67 Lincoln Continental carburetor

67-460

Looking for recommendations for a carburetor for my 67 Lincoln continental. It has a 460 in her and looking for a high performance carburetor that will marry well with the car. Anybody had success with theirs, I would like to hear experiences. ( pros and cons) Thank you.

LTC1997

I'm thinking this this might be a case of "be careful what you ask for", so I would consider that acarburetor described as high-performance might be better suited to an engine that has other mods in support of making power at higher rpm than the stock engine.

Basically, a larger carburetor might not back up the lower-rpm torque potential of your engine if it still has a stock camshaft.

Maybe what you want is a more modern carburetor(?) that combines modern features with proper-sized primaries for your (stock?) engine while also featuring improved breathing performance via larger, vacuum-operated secondaries, which helps get the best of both worlds from the old engine.

All that said, the pre-'73 460 engine can be tuned for higher output, even used for racing, with the right selection of bolt-ons. It's a great motor for a heavier car!

HTML