$500 Towing “Package”

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Pabaldeagle

SUPPORTING MEMBER
California
Anyone know what is included in the 2021 Corsair towing package? I understand the 2020’s had to have an aftermarket added if you wanted a simple bike hauler. I presume the option includes a mounted receiver tube and wire harness, but wondering if they also upsize the trans or engine cooling systems. Any software changes for smoother starts/stops? Axle ratio changes?

syl

None of these on the (dealer-installed, not aftermarket) towing package for the 2020. It's the hitch receiver, hitch/ball, wiring (an actual controller module, not just splicing into the brake light wiring) to a 4-pin terminal, and a different rear valance piece. At least that's as much of it as I'm aware of. Total it cost us about $700 extra on the price of the car, but in Canadian dollars, so you probably should be getting quoted less than that if you're in the USA.

Flatsfish

We have the factory installed towing package on our 2021 Corsair. Was $500 and does include the wiring harness. We use it for a bike hitch and a separate cargo hitch carrier for camping equipment.

Pabaldeagle

SUPPORTING MEMBER
California
Thanks! No other added features? I thought I read something somewhere about a different axle ratio for improved torque. I’m only loading bikes myself but wondered if mileage would be impacted (like it says here)
Axle ratio, mileage, and speed

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Ohio
The factory installed towing package includes the hitch, wiring, an anti-sway module and a transmission cooler. The standard and reserve Corsair have a towing capacity of 3000 pounds and the Corsair GT has 3550 pounds.

Pirate Ship

Thanks! No other added features? I thought I read something somewhere about a different axle ratio for improved torque. I’m only loading bikes myself but wondered if mileage would be impacted (like it says here)
Axle ratio, mileage, and speed
I have a bike rack on mine and carry two adult bikes, Comfort bikes, so they are heavier. I've notice no change in my mileage. I hardly know they are back there. I do disable the rear hatch when the rack is installed.

Jmslade

This may be a dumb question, but if I don’t have the tow package on my Navigator, if I plug my trailer’s 7-pin connector into the Navigator’s outlet, will I still be able to engage the trailer’s brakes? I’ve tried a Bluetooth electronic brake controller and it’s a bit jumpy/grabby. I realize I wouldn’t be able to adjust the settings without a controller, but if I just plug the trailer into the receiver outlet, will the trailer brakes engage at all?