5" vertical crack in middle of windshield...no sign of impact from an object.

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Dani1913

I have a 2021 Corsair Reserve that I've been driving for 2 whole months. Today, I get in to leave work and notice a sparkle on the windshield. I look closer and low and behold a freaking crack, right in the center. It's vertical and starts at the bottom edge of where the rearview mirror attaches. I do drive on the highway but I can't say I noticed hearing or seeing anything hit the windshield. I just find it odd that it would start where it started and have no sign of impact from an object. The weather was warmer today, mid-80s in Oklahoma and I park outside all day. I wonder if its a flaw in my windshield glass, or am I just an unlucky bastard with a new car that has a cracked windshield....

bbf2530

I have a 2021 Corsair Reserve that I've been driving for 2 whole months. Today, I get in to leave work and notice a sparkle on the windshield. I look closer and low and behold a freaking crack, right in the center. It's vertical and starts at the bottom edge of where the rearview mirror attaches. I do drive on the highway but I can't say I noticed hearing or seeing anything hit the windshield. I just find it odd that it would start where it started and have no sign of impact from an object. The weather was warmer today, mid-80s in Oklahoma and I park outside all day. I wonder if its a flaw in my windshield glass, or am I just an unlucky bastard with a new car that has a cracked windshield....

Hi Dani. Make an appointment for service and have them take a look. Inform them it was not hit by any objects. If it is a stress crack, replacement will be covered for the first 1 year/12,000 miles.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

syl

Sounds to me like bad luck. It may be 80s outdoors, but if your car is parked in the sun, the temperature inside is going to be much higher. If the glass was even slightly weak, for whatever reason, that might have been enough stress to cause a visible crack. I think ...

Dani1913

Hi Dani. Make an appointment for service and have them take a look. Inform them it was not hit by any objects. If it is a stress crack, replacement will be covered for the first 1 year/12,000 miles.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.
Contacted my dealership today, gonna have them check it out. Replacement cost will be $958 total including parts, labor, recalibrating the camera, etc. I'm still holding out hope that maybe its a problem with the windshield itself, but highly unlikely. I have resolved that I will be shelling out the dough. Thanks.

Dani1913

Sounds to me like bad luck. It may be 80s outdoors, but if your car is parked in the sun, the temperature inside is going to be much higher. If the glass was even slightly weak, for whatever reason, that might have been enough stress to cause a visible crack. I think ...
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I got in the car today and the dash thermometer read 100 degrees, so its highly likely that's the case. I did make sure to open all the windows a bit.

Corsart

Contacted my dealership today, gonna have them check it out. Replacement cost will be $958 total including parts, labor, recalibrating the camera, etc. I'm still holding out hope that maybe its a problem with the windshield itself, but highly unlikely. I have resolved that I will be shelling out the dough. Thanks.
Dani, most car insurance policies have a no deductible on windshield repair (or in your case, compete replacement). If the dealer determines the crack was not the result of a manufacturing defect, then you might call your insurance company and confirm that replacement is covered at no cost to you.