4D LED Emblem

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

G-491725

Just finished the install. Took about 5 hrs. You have to take the front tires and front clip off to access the back of the grill. I also replaced the grill with the gloss black while I was at it. Wired the LED to the front side marker light. Do your research and it will be smooth.
Do you have the front camera?

Eurythmian66

My RayMax Emblem with 360 camera is on order. I am looking for specific instruction on how to wire it once I have the front of the car removed and ready to roll. The wiring is the only part I am nervous about. I would like the emblem to illuminate with the welcoming lights. I have searched and searched and everything is very vague. I need to have full instruction... photos would be incredible too if anyone has them.

Attachments

• Continental.jpg
    Continental.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 9

JJsLincoln

My RayMax Emblem with 360 camera is on order. I am looking for specific instruction on how to wire it once I have the front of the car removed and ready to roll. The wiring is the only part I am nervous about. I would like the emblem to illuminate with the welcoming lights. I have searched and searched and everything is very vague. I need to have full instruction... photos would be incredible too if anyone has them.
I wired mine into the side marker light on the driver's side although the side wouldn't matter. This light comes on when I approach the vehicle and it's dark outside. It also goes on if I manually turn the lights on or have the automatic lights engaged and it's dark outside. Figure out if that is what you want to happen before starting. Any other option will require more in depth wiring. Once you remove the front fender/clip, you will see the two wire lead that feeds this light. I only removed the front fender about 1 ft and rested it on milk crates while I did the work. I stripped off about 1/2" of the plastic coating from the side marker light wires..very carefully to expose the wire. You can test the emblem to determine the correct positive/ground connection by touching the wires for the emblem to the exposed wires while that side marker light is on. Having the wires reversed won't hurt anything, it just won't work. I used water proof quick connects so that I could remove the front fender again if needed without having a wire that couldn't be disconnected. I purchased them on Amazon. (Side marker light) I then wrapped the wires of the quick disconnect for the side marker light to the exposed portions and liberally soldered them together so they can't come apart. Then I wrapped them in electrical tape to water proof and give a factory install look. (Emblem wires) On the wire ends of the emblem, I slid some size appropriate shrink wraps over the ends before soldering the wires of the emblem to the other end of the quick disconnect. I then moved the shrink wraps over the bare wires of the emblem to disconnect and heated them up to seal and shrink seal them. I also ran the wire for the emblem across the bottom of the grill to hold it securely and hide it. Test the light with the bumper/clip off to save yourself time if something isn't correct. If you want more or better info, let me know and we can figure out a way to communicate privately.

Eurythmian66

I wired mine into the side marker light on the driver's side although the side wouldn't matter. This light comes on when I approach the vehicle and it's dark outside. It also goes on if I manually turn the lights on or have the automatic lights engaged and it's dark outside. Figure out if that is what you want to happen before starting. Any other option will require more in depth wiring. Once you remove the front fender/clip, you will see the two wire lead that feeds this light. I only removed the front fender about 1 ft and rested it on milk crates while I did the work. I stripped off about 1/2" of the plastic coating from the side marker light wires..very carefully to expose the wire. You can test the emblem to determine the correct positive/ground connection by touching the wires for the emblem to the exposed wires while that side marker light is on. Having the wires reversed won't hurt anything, it just won't work. I used water proof quick connects so that I could remove the front fender again if needed without having a wire that couldn't be disconnected. I purchased them on Amazon. (Side marker light) I then wrapped the wires of the quick disconnect for the side marker light to the exposed portions and liberally soldered them together so they can't come apart. Then I wrapped them in electrical tape to water proof and give a factory install look. (Emblem wires) On the wire ends of the emblem, I slid some size appropriate shrink wraps over the ends before soldering the wires of the emblem to the other end of the quick disconnect. I then moved the shrink wraps over the bare wires of the emblem to disconnect and heated them up to seal and shrink seal them. I also ran the wire for the emblem across the bottom of the grill to hold it securely and hide it. Test the light with the bumper/clip off to save yourself time if something isn't correct. If you want more or better info, let me know and we can figure out a way to communicate privately.
This is exactly what I want to do. This is a very detailed instruction. Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. I will report back once I get the work done. I’ve been told it takes several weeks for the emblem to ship and arrive. Thank again!!

JJsLincoln

This is exactly what I want to do. This is a very detailed instruction. Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. I will report back once I get the work done. I’ve been told it takes several weeks for the emblem to ship and arrive. Thank again!!
I just noticed that your vehicle is the Continental and does not have the side marker lights like the 2017 MKZ. There should be something similar in regards to wiring for the running lights at the outer edges of the headlight assembly. You could research some wiring diagrams or photos to give you an idea of what it looks like before taking it apart and scratching your head. A dealership may also have some information that would be helpful. It was my pleasure to try and help since I had to learn the hard way and figure it out on my own. Eager to see the end product and yes it took a little while to get the emblem.

Eurythmian66

I will look into the wiring for my side marker (Park/Running Lights) - thank you again for all of this instruction. Very helpful.

topdavis

Hopefully this will help the next person who wants to put in a lighted emblem.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    196.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 2.png
    2.png
    202.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 3.png
    3.png
    226.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 4.png
    4.png