4D LED Emblem

bbf2530

Oh Noooo
makes me wonder if I have that same camera... I'm hoping the camera it has is at the rear view mirror... not in the grill...
Hi Multitask. The Continental has an available front view camera that displays on the SYNC3 screen, similar to the rear view camera.. Your MKZ does not have that camera.

Good luck.

Multitask

I figured.. 8)
to the OP (topdavis) , maybe someone will buy it off you....

topdavis

Ok... I finally got a chance to look at what installing this would take. On my car, it won't be fun. To get to the emblem it is more than just taking off the plastic cover under the hood to access the grill. The front bumper has to be removed to access the existing emblem with camera. Not that is that big of a deal, but the radar detector and the laser shifters are on the front bumper, so that would have to be disassembled as well to remove the bumper. That piece of the job is more effort than just the emblem itself. The detector and shifters by themselves is a job. Then add that I'm still not 100% sure the lighted emblem will fit in place of the existing one in the front camera housing, this seems more trouble than it is worth.

topdavis

As I write this, I hope all my Lincoln Forum friends and families are well and safe and stay that way for the duration of our current Covid-19 outbreak.

Since I have been self-quarantining, this 4D-Emblem has become my white whale. So I decided to look at the install on my car again and see if there might be a way to make this go with less headache. Right now my radar detector install with the laser shifters was going to be the time suck in all of this.

I figured I would order a new grill, put the emblem in the new grill and swap the grills out. I am thinking I wouldn't have to remove the bumper entirely to get room to put the lighted emblem in place. If I have enough slack to remove the bumper and leave the radar detector connected without disconnecting the wiring, I think I can get to the grill screws and do the swap.

I know it might be hard to comment either way without seeing the detector install, but can someone provide me with a sanity check as I am falling victim to cabin fever. I try to think and nothing happens...

Any and all comments are welcome.

Jeyaar456

Yeah looks a bit pricey, with postage and packing to the UK plus import tax Maybe looking at $400.
It does look good on the car but With the price and the major job of fitting it I think I’ll give it a miss

G-374460

Needs a lot of modification. I ordered a housing with the camera hole and it will take a lot of dremmel work for it to fit. It will take ME sone time to get this working. Someone more skilled can probably get it done.
I don't have a front camera and would love to buy this off you if it's still intact

HTML