Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Aviator | Nautilus | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: Is there going to a new Lincoln Town Car ?
    Pasadena Lady is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental

Is there going to a new Lincoln Town Car ?

Remove this ad
    Just saw a short blip on the internet that there may be a 2020 Lincoln Town Car. Maybe it was just wishful thinking or not? All you enthusiasts take heed!

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD; 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (sold)
    Lincoln said the MKT is the replacement for the Town Car when that model was introduced.

The livery/limosine version of the MKT is called 'Town Car'.
    '11 MKT 3.5 EcoBoost AWD; '14 Jeep Cherokee Ltd. V6 AWD
    '00 Regal 29' Commodore twin 4.3L

Pasadena Lady is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental
    I tried to find the article that mentioned it. But I cannot find it. It did give the impression 5hat Lincoln was going to re-do the Town Car and give it that name rather than the MK classification. Lincoln wants to go back to names not letters.

jhartz is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental Select 2.7 AWD
    Finally, a good idea. Letters are just plain stupid. Cadillac too.
    Cheers, Jim

2017 Continental 2.7L AWD; 2013 Range Rover Sport HSE (traded for Lincoln); 2001 Jaguar XJ8L (sold); 2008 Range Rover Sport Super Charged (traded X308 Jag); 2008 LR3 (sold); 2005 LR3 (traded); 2001 XJ8 (traded); 2000 S-Type Jaguar; 1999 BMW 323C (traded); 1994 Sedan DeVille (traded); 325IS (sold). First Ford, 1966 Galaxy 500 brand new, truly Fix Or Repair Daily!

Remove this ad
    The Lincoln Continental doesn't seem to have "taken off" as much as they'd have liked - so I wouldn't be too surprised if the next generation Continental is named Continental Town Car...
    Want to be connected with everything automotive in your area? Check out the Cars Connected app today!

Get your next Lincoln for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!