Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Aviator | Nautilus | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: What do you like best and what would you change?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pasadena Lady is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental
    Remove this ad
    I had a MKS which I really liked but when I heard about the Conti as they say.......just had to have it!

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD; 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (sold)
    I had a 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited. Looked at the MKS for many model years and didn't like it. Then my dealer showed me the Lincoln design exercise that became the Continental design exercise and prototype. I liked that from the start and bought one when the Town Car was 10 years old.

I have owned Fords for many years and Lincoln was a step up and I liked the quiet luxury of the Town Car. I wanted to stay with Lincoln and Town Car size and comfort. Had no interest in looking at other marques, but I did try the Chrysler/Jeep offerings which didn't suit me.

MKXMark is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 MKZ Reserve 2.0 FWD/2017 MKX Select AWD
    I test drove a 2017 Conti Premier with few options on it, and agree with the comments above, very spacious and quiet with good handling, and I love the styling. Ultimately I went with a MKZ Reserve for a couple thousand less sticker price. Maybe there will be a Conti in my future but I'd want a loaded one.

Quote Originally Posted by MKXMark View Post
    I test drove a 2017 Conti Premier with few options on it, and agree with the comments above, very spacious and quiet with good handling, and I love the styling. Ultimately I went with a MKZ Reserve for a couple thousand less sticker price. Maybe there will be a Conti in my future but I'd want a loaded one.
    There is quite a difference between the Premier and Reserve Continentals. I would also prefer an MKZ Reserve over a Continental Premier unless I just had to have the additional rear seat room.

I have a 2017 Reserve model and was disappointed to learn that the passenger seat did not include memory like the driver's seat. With so many seat choices it is almost a necessity to have memory.

I have the center console rattle that several magazine car reviews have noted.

Road noise is high from the seams associated with concrete roads.

Garage door open push buttons should be illuminated.

Design of netted trunk pockets is poor. Retainer clips are easily broken from luggage impact. Clip can not be replaced by itself. Complete trim piece needs to be replaced at a cost of $800 for parts and labor. Just crazy!

Overall I love the look of the car and have received many compliments.

jhartz is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental Select 2.7 AWD
    I am enjoying the car. Size, ride and power very close to my last XJ8L. What would I change? More leg room for the driver; I like the seat up higher, but when I move it up, it moves forward to reduce the leg room. Still haven't worked the Synch 2.3 upgrade. Probably a Mac issue, but since there doesn't seem to be any big change, I will wait to the first service. The Synch is a big improvement over Land Rover products.

So far: absolutely no warranty issues: a first for any new car I have ever owned (and a surprise for a Fix Or Repair Daily product).
    Cheers, Jim

2017 Continental 2.7L AWD; 2013 Range Rover Sport HSE (traded for Lincoln); 2001 Jaguar XJ8L (sold); 2008 Range Rover Sport Super Charged (traded X308 Jag); 2008 LR3 (sold); 2005 LR3 (traded); 2001 XJ8 (traded); 2000 S-Type Jaguar; 1999 BMW 323C (traded); 1994 Sedan DeVille (traded); 325IS (sold). First Ford, 1966 Galaxy 500 brand new, truly Fix Or Repair Daily!

Slick Fan is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2003 TC Signature, 1977 TC, 2003 Aviator
    Quote Originally Posted by jhartz View Post
    I am enjoying the car. Size, ride and power very close to my last XJ8L. What would I change? More leg room for the driver; I like the seat up higher, but when I move it up, it moves forward to reduce the leg room. Still haven't worked the Synch 2.3 upgrade. Probably a Mac issue, but since there doesn't seem to be any big change, I will wait to the first service. The Synch is a big improvement over Land Rover products.

So far: absolutely no warranty issues: a first for any new car I have ever owned (and a surprise for a Fix Or Repair Daily product).
    Well then, I see I'm not alone...I haven't had any issues with my lowly "17 Taurus Limited model either. It's been fantastic so far!

jack7742 is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental Reserve, 3.0L AWD, Technology Pkg, Luxury Pkg
    Prior to the Continental, we had leased three 3.5L ecoboost MKTs. Have only had Continental for three weeks, and only one shortfall stands out for us. The absence of passenger seat memory is a real pain since I am 6'4" and wife is 5'1". A driver change from me to her requires major changes to passenger seat before I can even get in.

Remove this ad
    I agree it would be nice to have a passenger seat memory feature. When on a long trip and we exchange drivers, I always have to completely undo all of my wife's adjustments to the passenger seat when she drives. We are completely opposite in how we like the seat positioned.