Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Aviator | Nautilus | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: Higher performance Continental
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Fan View Post
    Sweet!
    Whoever was manning the camera there, needs to try to hold still.
    Exactly! My wife gets a little excited sometimes.

Pasadena Lady is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental
    I think whoever was filming the event did not really show the results. Someone standing near the end to see the cars crossing the traps would have been better. Other than two cars leaving the start as the Christmas tree turned green , I could not see how the race actually fared.
    What about the timing board results? If working it would show each cars time and speed and also the winner. Unless you were just doing practice runs for fun , then .... great work.

LOL, I agree. We are far from professional photographers or video makers! The racing is serious but the photos and videos are just for fun. For what it is worth, I only show videos where I win!!!! The old Corvette with a modern GM crate engine gave my MKS all it could handle, though! The old Plymouth was a 426 wedge and he had slicks. We were pretty even until about the 1/8 mile and then the MKS pulled away from him.

Why not get the car ....blacked out...? The one that was pictured on the forum I think is so cool.
    Do you always prefer the far lane.i noticed most of the runs are on the same side or are these the only winning ones? LOL.
    How long have you been drag racing?........ How about which cars beat you..... Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasadena Lady View Post
    Why not get the car ....blacked out...? The one that was pictured on the forum I think is so cool.
    Do you always prefer the far lane.i noticed most of the runs are on the same side or are these the only winning ones? LOL.
    How long have you been drag racing?........ How about which cars beat you..... Just curious.
    I am really not fond of black cars. I guess I am a bit old-school. I still enjoy bright colors and chrome! When drag racing, I feel more comfortable looking to my right at the Christmas tree. I seem to get a better reaction time than when I am looking to my left.

In heads-up drag racing, I cannot beat newer Corvettes, newer Camaros, Hellcats, CTS-Vs, ATS-V and all out race cars. In bracket racing, which is more fair, I can run with or beat those because I get a head start based on time trials. The fastest car I ever raced heads-up was a Tesla. They are insanely fast!! This is an ever poorer quality video,(sun was shining into the camera making the track look almost white) but notice how the Tesla drives away not long after we launch. This was the first time I ever ran the Conti and it was stock at the time. However, even with the Conti tuned, the Tesla is MUCH faster.

Slick Fan is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2003 TC Signature, 1977 TC, 2003 Aviator
    I'm curious as to why they have you drive around the back end of the launch pad?
    I noticed that you have a pretty consistent & good reaction time at the tree. That always helps when you're bracket racing.

Speaking of Tesla's being fast, there's a guy in Texas who decided to build an electric '68 Mustang...the thing is wicked fast! His shop is called the "Bloodshed", because he often ends up bleeding when he's working on something out there. LOL
    His website is a little wonky HERE, but scroll to the right & check out the Mustang. Once he got that one dialed, he decided to make it a business. So far it looks like he's doing okay at it.

I drive around the burnout box because with AWD, I do not need to do a burnout to warm up tires. Powerful RWD cars use the burnout box.

I love your link! Bloodshed!

Slick Fan is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2003 TC Signature, 1977 TC, 2003 Aviator
    Quote Originally Posted by brucelinc View Post
    I drive around the burnout box because with AWD, I do not need to do a burnout to warm up tires. Powerful RWD cars use the burnout box.
    Ahh yes, that makes sense. I've only been down the track in RWD vehicles, so I didn't really think about how you would want to skip around any extra rubber that might stick to your tires.

It's Tuesday, my common sense doesn't work as well on Tuesdays.

driller is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2016 Navigator, 2006 Designer Series Town Car, '98-'96-'93 Mark VIII's
    What are your 60 foot times in the Continental?

Quote Originally Posted by driller View Post
    What are your 60 foot times in the Continental?
    1.87 - 1.90 on the 60 foot. I do not launch the car very hard. If I launch it as hard as I would like to, it wants to wheel hop and that is hard on everything. The suspension is just not set up for hard launches.

Do you ever do “heads up”? I would think heads up could be fun and interesting along with bracket racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasadena Lady View Post
    Do you ever do “heads up”? I would think heads up could be fun and interesting along with bracket racing.
    Yes, that is pretty much how we run at Brainerd. I participate in the street legal races.

Quote Originally Posted by brucelinc View Post
    Yes, that is pretty much how we run at Brainerd. I participate in the street legal races.
    I have been drag racing since 1974 - bracket and heads-up. Started with my rear wheel drive Buick GS Stage 1, continued with my rear wheel drive Buick GNX, then a bit with my Buick Silver Arrow supercharged front wheel drive... can't wait to try my all wheel drive Continental. Too bad the FAST races don't have a class for it yet!! LOL.

Remove this ad
    Apparently if Lincoln wants to change the demographics especially by age, then maybe a faster car will be in the picture. I , for one, would be interested!