Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Aviator | Nautilus | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: High Performance Lincoln MKX in the works?

High Performance Lincoln MKX in the works?

Remove this ad
    Well, you might have heard about the Ford Edge ST by now. It's got about 20 horsepower more and an additional 30 foot pounds of torque. Of course, this goes along with more aggressive, larger wheels, a sport suspension, and other high performance options. Do you think Lincoln will bring us a high performance MKX the way they did with the MKZ?
    Want to be connected with everything automotive in your area? Check out the Cars Connected app today!

Get your next Lincoln for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

MKXMark is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 MKZ Reserve 2.0 FWD/2017 MKX Select AWD
    Well the ST motor is already offered in the MKX, so I suppose they would have to go to the 3.0 offered in the Z. It would make an interesting vehicle for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by MKXMark View Post
    Well the ST motor is already offered in the MKX, so I suppose they would have to go to the 3.0 offered in the Z. It would make an interesting vehicle for sure.
    Is the ST 2.7 any different from the 2.7 EcoBoost offered in other Ford products?
    Want to be connected with everything automotive in your area? Check out the Cars Connected app today!

MKXMark is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 MKZ Reserve 2.0 FWD/2017 MKX Select AWD
    Same HP and torque figures of 335/380 as far as I can tell.

Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by MKXMark View Post
    Same HP and torque figures of 335/380 as far as I can tell.
    Well, the ST motor is the same motor as the one offered in the EcoBoost "non ST" Edge as well. Right? I imagine it's the same exact engine tuned for a little more boost...