Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Nautilus | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: 2012 Undiagnosable fault MKZ

2012 Undiagnosable fault MKZ

Remove this ad
    4 trips to dealer. Zip. They can't diagnose. Car is operating fine then throws a warning to "Service Advance Trac". Then the car stops running and won't restart and throws a bunch of other error messages--check charging system, fuel level low (it's not), high engine temperature (it's not) blind spot system fault, cross traffic system fault, high motor temperature, starter system fault. By the time the dealer looks at it there are no codes no warnings nothing . They have had the car for a month and have driven it lots but it never happens when they are driving it.

Sometimes it's months between incidents this last time it was less than a week. always the answer is the same- no matter how long they keep it they can never get it to give them a code so they can diagnose what the problem is. This car is covered by both the Certified pre-owned warranty and the Ford Premium warranty. The only thing they tell me now is that we can't fix what we can't diagnose.

Anybody know of any similar problem that might be able to give me some info about what to have the dealer do? Feels now like I can't sell the car and ca't drive it safely. Any help would be appreciated. Tanks JOHN

Slick Fan is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2003 TC Signature, 1977 TC, 2003 Aviator
    Remove this ad
    Wow, that's a crazy problem! It sounds to me like a power control module is going bad, but with no trouble codes, it would be pretty hard to say with certainty if one or more is the culprit.

Hopefully someone else will chime in with a similar issue to yours, I wish I could be more help.