Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: 2004 TC Signature no power steering
    jbr64 is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 2004 Town Csr Signature

2004 TC Signature no power steering

Remove this ad
    I just purchased a 2004 Town Car Signature. 130,000 miles on it. Had to put a new battery in and replace the fuel pump but now it runs great but has no power steering and the suspension light is on. The rear air suspension has been replaced with coil springs and shocks. The wiring to the air bags is wire tied out of the way and there are 2 codes for left and right air bags. Also repaired the water leak at the HVAC intake under the passenger side wiper cowl. I know the power steering and the suspension are controlled by the same ECU. Anyone have a best place to start? Thanks.

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD; 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (sold)
    Remove this ad
    Welcome to the Forum.

There is a procedure to follow so that the suspension light does not come on when coil springs are installed in place of the air springs. But there are differences according to model year. If you do a search on this forum you may find some help.

The suspension module does include a power steering module that changes the steering weight according to vehicle speed and the speed you turn the steering wheel. However, if the module fails then your power steering reverts to full power which may not be fun at speed. Sounds like your Power Steering pump or system may be faulty or your steering rack may be faulty.

Good luck.