Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: 2.7 engine with extreme misfiring in cylinder #3
    Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD; 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (sold)

2.7 engine with extreme misfiring in cylinder #3

Remove this ad
    My car does not have any problems, but another user of 2017 Continental with 2.7 liter engine and less than 3,000 miles has. The check engine light flashed continuously from a cold start up to the time engine reached operating temperature when the light stayed on continuously. The dealer diagnosed a misfire but did nothing to diagnose the cause of the problem. Fuel is high quality 93 octane without ethanol. The thread with the details is here: https://lincolnforums.com/forums/thr...393#post687393

The flashing check engine light is an indication of detonation which is an extreme form of misfire that can damage the engine and you should stop driving the car. His dealers are no help.

Anyone have this problem occur with their car?

Lincoln Quality! Lincoln Service Experience!

What does Lincoln Concierge have to say? Although I found Concierge worthless, they may be able to get you a Continental loaner.
    Lincoln Continental the car,
    Lincoln Motor Company and
    FoMoCo are not the same as in years past, and I don't mean that in a good way.

(I was just reading about the terrible battery location on some Fords, like our Continentals whereas one must remove all kinds of things in order to changeout a battery, so complicated and difficult, AutoZone, Advance Auto, etc will not change out the battery for you).

Quote Originally Posted by Ctrcbob View Post
    Lincoln Quality! Lincoln Service Experience!
    (I was just reading about the terrible battery location on some Fords, like our Continentals whereas one must remove all kinds of things in order to changeout a battery, so complicated and difficult, AutoZone, Advance Auto, etc will not change out the battery for you).
    That reminds me that I have to completely remove the air filter & housing in my 3.5 EcoBoost MKt to check/fill my tranny fluid. (At least I can check it, my last car, Caddy SRX had no tranny dip stick)
    '11 MKT 3.5 EcoBoost AWD; '14 Jeep Cherokee Ltd. V6 AWD
    '00 Regal 29' Commodore twin 4.3L

Quote Originally Posted by SGilbert View Post
    That reminds me that I have to completely remove the air filter & housing in my 3.5 EcoBoost MKt to check/fill my tranny fluid. (At least I can check it, my last car, Caddy SRX had no tranny dip stick)
    Good luck in finding that dipstick. My 2010 SHO with the 6F55 Transmission was the same. Even after removing the air box, I still had trouble finding the trans dipstick, even though I knew where it was.

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD; 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (sold)
    Hi-jacking this thread with questionable content is not what I would have expected.

SouthernProducer is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental
    Quote Originally Posted by Town View Post
    Hi-jacking this thread with questionable content is not what I would have expected.
    Agree...seems to happen on most forums (thread hi-jacking). However, to answer ctrbob's question about Lincoln Concierge, I have not found them helpful. It is interesting to note that the "promised" Lincoln loaner was a failure when I had to leave my Continental overnight. The dealer uses an on-site Enterprise rental arrangement which I tried to use, but the car they offered was dirty and had NO gas in the tank! I gave them the keys back and called my wife to pick me up...she was not happy to curtail her shopping to travel the 35 miles to rescue me from the dealer...

Sorry about my hijack. Mia culpa. ��

Continental Georgia is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental Reserve Palladium White Gold, Jade with Ash Wood trim, 2.7L; Hers is a 2008 MKZ

My 2.7 is running smooth.

Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Town View Post
    My car does not have any problems, but another user of 2017 Continental with 2.7 liter engine and less than 3,000 miles has. The check engine light flashed continuously from a cold start up to the time engine reached operating temperature when the light stayed on continuously. The dealer diagnosed a misfire but did nothing to diagnose the cause of the problem. Fuel is high quality 93 octane without ethanol. The thread with the details is here: https://lincolnforums.com/forums/thr...393#post687393

The flashing check engine light is an indication of detonation which is an extreme form of misfire that can damage the engine and you should stop driving the car. His dealers are no help.

Anyone have this problem occur with their car?
    My 2.7 is running smooth down here in the SE 48.
    Continental Georgia

My other car is a Lincoln...Too!

2017 Lincoln Continental
    2008 Lincoln MKZ
    2004 F250 Lariat