Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: Water pump/ Alternator replaced 2011 exec L

Water pump/ Alternator replaced 2011 exec L

Remove this ad
    I just replaced the water pump and alternator on my 2011 Executive L Town car. They were both still working fine, but at 240K I was getting a little nervous about them dying whilst the Wife and kids are in the car. Turns out this was very timely because once the water pump was off the vehicle I found the bearings were shot. PLus, it looks great under the hood with all those new parts!

Slick Fan is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2003 TC Signature, 1977 TC, 2003 Aviator
    Sounds like your hunch really paid off, since the water pump bearings were on their way out. Gotta love being proactive & catching a failing part before it turns into an emergency.

Sounds like your hunch really paid off, since the water pump bearings were on their way out. Gotta love being proactive & catching a failing part before it turns into an emergency.
    Slick, Im very thankful I caught them before AAA was needed. Next I'm thinking about the fuel pump and switching the mechanical thermostat for a fail safe unit..

Rongold is offline Member My Lincoln(s): 2014 MKS, 2015 MKS
    Remove this ad
    Luckily, both the water pump and the alternator are very easy jobs---Especially when done together.