Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: Need help identifying crossobver door modules

Question Need help identifying crossobver door modules

Remove this ad
    My dad has a 2004 Town Car that's acting up. We have pulled the 4W1T-13C791-AA door module and are looking to try a replacement. I was going trough a drawer today and found a pair of 1W1T-13C791-AB modules. When I search for that number, the results are all over the map. Does anyone have access to a resource that will tell me what Lincoln/Mercury/Ford models the 1W1T FITS and what will crossover to the 4W1T units?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD; 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (sold)
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTarHeel View Post
    My dad has a 2004 Town Car that's acting up. We have pulled the 4W1T-13C791-AA door module and are looking to try a replacement. I was going trough a drawer today and found a pair of 1W1T-13C791-AB modules. When I search for that number, the results are all over the map. Does anyone have access to a resource that will tell me what Lincoln/Mercury/Ford models the 1W1T FITS and what will crossover to the 4W1T units?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    This link here: http://www.lincolnsonline.com/forum/...d.php?p=912284 suggests that the Town Car DDM modules (4W1T-13C791-AA) are interchangeable from 2003 thru 2005 but starting in 2006 need a different part that needs to be programmed in place by a dealer to work.

This part number 1W1T-13C791-AB appears to be the DDM (Driver Door Module) for the 1998 thru 2002 series of Town Car. This was from a European site, most sites agree on 2001 and 2002 Town Cars.

Good luck.

Thanks. That clarifies exactly what I wanted to know. I've got a few other nagging issues with dad's '97 TC, but I'll search around a bit and start a new thread if I can't find answers.

Slick Fan is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2003 TC Signature, 1977 TC, 2003 Aviator
    Remove this ad
    For '99 & later part number codes, halfway down this link may be helpful for you to determine approximate years of interchangeable parts...
    LINK