Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: Planning on buying my first Lincoln
    PhaetonTim is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): Interested in buying my first Lincoln

Planning on buying my first Lincoln

Remove this ad
    Hello everyone--I joined to get more informed about my Lincoln of choice, MKZ Hybrid, ** PRIOR TO ** purchasing one. I own a 2004 VW Phaeton, which I am selling, because I bought a 2017 Volvo S90 T6 Inscription (Polestar Optimized) recently. The MKZ Hybrid would be for my wife. We have just begun the process of using the Lemon Laws of Calif regarding our 2016 Hyundai Sonata Plug-In Hybrid--which has twice stopped charging the battery.

The 1st time happened months ago, and this 2nd time began in July. I took it in to the dealer on July 6, 2017. It sits there today. After they diagnosed it, the service writer told me he had no parts in stock, and there were no parts in the entire USA, to fix it. He told me he was guessing, when he indicated they might be in mid-August. Of note, the 1st time this happened, service told me the parts would have cost me $2K, if it were not under warranty. From my perspective, that tells me that a bunch of PHEVs have the same problem. The PHEV and Hybrid are made in Korea, and the standard Sonata is made in the USA.

So, I have no real idea how long it will take to get out from my Sonata PHEV, and buy a replacement. So, I am taking this time to dig deeper into the MKZ Hybrid.

Tim

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD; 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (sold)
    Welcome to the Forum, I am sure you will find the information you are looking for.

Remove this ad
    Welcome aboard, Tim! Thank you for signing up!
    Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your next Lincoln for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!