Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: S-L-O-W site
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S-L-O-W site

Remove this ad
    Still trying to figure this out... Are you getting a white-screen while waiting for the page to load or is it loading in sections? If it's loading in sections, can you tell me where it's getting stuck? For example, the first post loads fine but the rest of the page lags. That sort of thing.

I'm still experimenting with various settings...
    Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your next Lincoln for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

Log in is fast; going to any sub category is fast; but going to individual post stays on page for a bit, then white screen for quite awhile, then loads all.
    By the way, replies to posts is fast.
    '11 MKT 3.5 EcoBoost AWD; '14 Jeep Cherokee Ltd. V6 AWD
    '00 Regal 29' Commodore twin 4.3L

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD; 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (sold)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGilbert View Post
    Log in is fast; going to any sub category is fast; but going to individual post stays on page for a bit, then white screen for quite awhile, then loads all.
    By the way, replies to posts is fast.
    My situation is similar, the page displayed while waiting for the forum comes up as a one piece display. With me the replies to a post are just as slow as the clicking on post to comment on, and quick edits to a posted reply are also very slow.

Good luck with your solutions.

Okay, I just requested a couple of changes to my server administrator. Hopefully he'll get them in there quickly. I have a feeling they'll help. We'll know by tonight the latest...
    Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD; 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (sold)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
    Okay, I just requested a couple of changes to my server administrator. Hopefully he'll get them in there quickly. I have a feeling they'll help. We'll know by tonight the latest...
    Oh, I hope they have not been implemented yet since the site is slowing down even more. The very slow parts are even slower and getting onto the site is not fast anymore and slower to change forums.

Good luck.
    EDIT: I just did a post without reading it and it came up quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Town View Post
    Oh, I hope they have not been implemented yet since the site is slowing down even more. The very slow parts are even slower and getting onto the site is not fast anymore and slower to change forums.

Good luck.
    EDIT: I just did a post without reading it and it came up quickly.
    No change noted at 9:20pm here.

Pretty much same here too---including the dreaded RED banner!

Pretty much same here too---including the dreaded RED banner!
    Okay, I got the red banner thing situated. TOTALLY my fault. I'm sorry about that. I overlooked a setting. You MIGHT need to clear your cache and cookies for lincolnforums.com if you're still seeing it. But I did find the problem and resolved it...

Now... What the HECK is causing slow page loading for some people. I need to get this figured out. I'm having a heck of a time...

Red banner is finally gone! (no need for clearing)

Slow site problem is fixed - great performance now.

Thank you Sal for fixing the slow site problem. All aspects seem to be working great this morning.

You are the best, and good luck.

Thank you Sal for fixing the slow site problem. All aspects seem to be working great this morning.

You are the best, and good luck.
    Thank you, sir. I appreciate the kind words. I don't want to take a sigh of relief just yet but I hope it stays this way. If not, I have more steps to take.

All is well here EXCEPT still very slow clicking into any individual post.

All is well here EXCEPT still very slow clicking into any individual post.
    That is fixed for me.

driller is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2016 Navigator, 2006 Designer Series Town Car, '98-'96-'93 Mark VIII's

Oh no, the s-l-o-w site performance is back this morning.

Oh no, the s-l-o-w site performance is back this morning.
    Do you see any slow loading ads that might be causing the problem? Is there a specific spot on the page where it's being held up or is it just a white screen before anything loads at all?

Hi Sal, it is a blank white screen with the Google Chrome top and bottom features and the circling arrow for this site. After a long while the full screen appears, and there are no additional features to add. Any features that are waiting usually show up on bottom left of screen and in this situation it shows "waiting for Lincoln forums" for the whole period. When the screen fills in there is a flurry of addresses in that bottom area.

Good luck.

Hi Sal, this evening the speed of the site is back to normal. Great job, thank you.

Take care,
    Art

Hi Sal, this evening the speed of the site is back to normal. Great job, thank you.

Take care,
    Art
    Thank you, sir. I've been working on this all week. I think I finally figured out the speed issue. I don't expect to see major issues from this point forward. However, I'm all ears (eyes) if they come back. Just let me know...

OMG!! It's finally back to normal! Thank you Sal.

Remove this ad
    OMG!! It's finally back to normal! Thank you Sal.
    Thank you, sir. I had the server admin working lots of overtime the past couple of weeks. I do believe the issues are behind us.