Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: Driver side power seat broke/options?

Driver side power seat broke/options?

Remove this ad
    picked up a 2003 TC (125k miles) driver side seat doesn't go back and forth or just barely. common issue I know. Any good resources for a replacement track? or shop junk yards?

If it is stuck in the all the back position, can i even still remove it get out the rear bolts?

would be great if someone made a manual seat track just for the fore and aft movement. Just hard to believe such an expensive car could have such a basic thing fail this easy. My 2003 Sequoia has almost 300k miles on it with full power seats never an issue.

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD; 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (sold)
    Welcome to the Forum.

The usual reason for the seat track wear is the "easy-out" feature that moves the driver seat every time the ign is switched on and off. There is no way to turn it off except to have the DSM (Driver Seat Module) software re-installed with the "easy-out" feature disabled as an install option. So the charge for me was 1 hour of labour. Not all dealers know how to do it. Buying a used track from a wrecker may just get you one that is worn out too.

As you know the front bolts are easy to get at while the rear bolts are under the seat rail. There is clearance for a wrench (on my old 2007 model). So if you can loosen the bolts (not seized) then work the bolts loose and raise the seat on blocks. The alternative is to push/lever the seat forward to take up the slack with the motor and track gears while using the electric seat motors to move the seat forward.

Good luck.

Ill look into the reprogram option that would be nice. just not looking faward to this Arizona, summer working on the car 110 degrees out no fun!

Dealer or someone that has a extended license version of Forscan (free) can do this, I disabled the "easy out" on both my 2004 and 2010 with Forscan.

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD; 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (sold)
    Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Ector View Post
    Dealer or someone that has a extended license version of Forscan (free) can do this, I disabled the "easy out" on both my 2004 and 2010 with Forscan.
    So how did you do that?