lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: Keyless entry

Thread: Keyless entry

Keyless entry

Remove this ad
    I need help, my keyless entry was working fine this morning then all of a sudden it just didn't, I changed the batter in the remote and checked the fuse and it isn't blown but it still won't work. I'm having to unlock my car using the passenger side key hole cause the driver side one won't work.

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD
    Welcome to the forum. What year is your Town Car? Did your key unlock the driver door before this incident?

Usually the keyfob opens the driver door with one click and all four doors with 2 clicks. Does your key fob open any doors with 2 clicks?

Does the keypad on the driver door work or did it stop working this morning too?

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD
    Remove this ad
    On my old 2007 Town Car there were 2 fuses, one dedicated fuse 8 (20A) in the Battery junction box under the hood for the DDM only, and another fuse 19 (7.5A) in the central junction box in the passenger compartment that controlled aspects of the DDM and a number of items including the PATS led light. So your owner manual for your year of Town Car should identify them and you could check again.

The DDM (Driver Door Module) controls the remote entry system and the lock switches (so do the lock switches inside the car work), it also controls the power mirrors and seats with the DSM (Driver Seat Module). Here is what the 2007 manual says about the DDM:

Principles of Operation

The DDM monitors all of the door ajar switches which are hardwired to the module. This door ajar information is sent to the air suspension module on a single hardwired circuit and is also communicated to other modules using the standard corporate protocol (SCP) communication network. Diagnostic information is retrieved from the DDM on the SCP network. The power door locks, power mirrors and the remote keyless entry (RKE) system are all controlled by the DDM. If equipped with memory seats, the seat adjust switch provides inputs to the DDM, which sends this information to the driver seat module (DSM) over the SCP network. If the vehicle is not equipped with a power luggage compartment lid, the DDM receives an input from the luggage compartment lid release switch and operates the luggage compartment lid release solenoid. If the vehicle is equipped with a power luggage compartment lid, the DDM sends a signal to the luggage compartment lid module, which will operate the luggage compartment lid release solenoid.

There is little to diagnose with the DDM except for a scanner looking for DTC's. So I would check if the inside door locks work and the power trunk (if fitted) opens and closes and if the door ajar function in the dash works for driver door and any passenger door open with ign on. Different model years may have some differences. If nothing works then the DDM may need to be replaced, but the replacement procedure may differ by model year. Later model cars require the DDM to be programmed on installation when you have the option to lock all doors when car is moving or not.

Good luck.