lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: just bought 2nd Town car, 2001 Executive L, major electrical problems.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Remove this ad
    yes, they are all from 2001 executive L

I don't know how to thank you for your time , sincerely.

Quote Originally Posted by Town View Post
    I assume all these DTCs are from your 2001 Town Car?

From the OBD2 manual, the P0200 is "injector circuit malfunction" so is in the Powertrain control module (PCM). I will get the cause from the 2001 service manual. I will research the other DTCs and see if i can document the causes.

It will take time though.

Town is online now Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by 24000rpm View Post
    ok great!
    is it possible to see what the causes of the following DTCs ?

DDM: b1322 b1402 b1318 u1199
    LCM: b1334 b1340
    HEC: B1318 B1201 U2013
    RCM(airbag) : B2295, B1869, B2292
    RASM(air suspension): B1318 B1318
    another module, not sure what it is: p0200, c1394, u35A0
    We will have to do this one system at a time, putting all the info for all the systems together is complicated, and too large for 5 attachments per post.

The PCM module DTC P0200 is not used in the 2001 Town Car, a problem with each injector is identified by DTC P020(then 1 thru 8). I will have to get the specifics but the tests are to check the wiring for the particular injector back to the PCM and repair any circuit problem or if OK then replace the PCM. So are you sure the code is P0200 and not P0201 and up to 8? If you confirm the P0200 then I will get all the info I can.

The Rear air suspension module DTC B1318 is a low battery voltage (main car battery) or a wiring or fuse problem (visual inspection generalised test) or a ground problem on pin 6 of ASM and wiring to ground. So attached are the documents that will help you diagnose the problem.

The visual inspection document is to look at fuses and circuits to ensure no exterior problems exist.
    The DTC index will show the DTCs possible for the ASM and give info on the cause; B1318 is low battery voltage while B1317 is high battery voltage.
    The attachment Pinpoint test C2 is the difficult one. The pinpoint test C1 is the easy one, you just check the car battery voltage (voltmeter across battery + and - terminals) as being in the normal range. For test C2 you will need the attachments for ASM replacement to get to the module and the pin 6 harness side to test resistance for a good ground. The other attachment required is Cell 41 rear air suspension electrical for the wiring diagrams to do the test identified as pinpoint test C2.

Replacement of the RASM (Rear Air Suspension Module) aka ASM does not require a programmed installation so is a straight replacement. Since a lot of the modules in your list may also require replacement it would probably be best to wait for all the diagnostics.

Good luck.

Town is online now Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by 24000rpm View Post
    ok great!
    is it possible to see what the causes of the following DTCs ?

DDM: b1322 b1402 b1318 u1199
    LCM: b1334 b1340
    HEC: B1318 B1201 U2013
    RCM(airbag) : B2295, B1869, B2292
    RASM(air suspension): B1318 B1318
    another module, not sure what it is: p0200, c1394, u35A0
    So for the second round, here is the HEC DTC issues.
    B1201 is the fuel sender circuit failure; B1318 is battery voltage low; U2013 is the compass module not responding. Since the diagnosis and corrective procedures require 7 documents I will deal with B1201 and B1318 in this post and U2013 in the next post.

For B1201 look at document 3 for pinpoint tests that lead you through the diagnosis using the electrical diagrams shown in document 2.

For B1318 look at document 5 dealing with the pinpoint test for the VSC (Vehicle speed control servo) that will determine in conjunction with document 4 (electrical diagram for the VSC) if that is your problem. If OK then you have a car battery or charging circuit failure and document 1 will help with all the possibilities. I did not try to document each test since you probably know by now if battery and charging are ok. Let me know if you need some more help there.

Good luck.

Remove this ad
    This is the update to the HEC DTCs, dealing with DTC U2013 Compass module not responding. This may be a communication network issue within the car since the diagnostics are vague to say the least. Document 2 shows the pinpoint test for the compass which points to the instrument cluster in section 413-01 but I could find nothing that addressed the Compass. The document 1 shows the electrical diagram and the only item of interest would be the power from fuse 18 (7.5A) in the CJB (passenger compartment).

Good luck.
    Attached Files Attached Files