Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: 2018 Black Label Continental Ordered

2018 Black Label Continental Ordered

Remove this ad
    After driving the Mercedes S and SL classes for the last 30 years, I have decided to try the new 2018 Lincoln Continental Black Label.

Exterior is Chroma Elite Copper with the Thoroughbred interior. For 2018, only three package options, everything else is standard. Ordered all three options.

Hoping to have a new and fun experience.

Hello to all.

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD; 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (sold)
    Welcome to the forum. I am sure you will enjoy your new car, it is amazing.

Good luck

Very cool to have someone switch from an S class to the Continental. I would love to hear your thoughts on the differences between the two once you take delivery. Congrats on the purchase!
    1989 Chrysler LeBaron 68,000 miles
    2013 Ford Taurus 51,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by American Luxury View Post
    Very cool to have someone switch from an S class to the Continental. I would love to hear your thoughts on the differences between the two once you take delivery. Congrats on the purchase!
    Thank you.

I first saw the car visiting friends in Newport Coast at the Lincoln Experience Center in Newport Beach at Fashion Island. That is major mall and having this huge presence filled with various Lincoln cars was impressive.

I did get a chance to ask a lot of questions and to drive the car. I was very pleasantly surprised given this car is about half the cost of my Mercedes. My overall initial impressions was that given the cost of this car, it was am amazing car. I certainly did not think the cost difference in the car was representative of the comparison. I thought, at least initially, that the Lincoln Continental was close enough to my S class that it was worth a chance. After 30 plus years of only European cars, I thought this was a good time, and a great car to try out. My wife, who also drives a European car, she has a BMW 7 Series Individual, also was impressed.

When the car comes in the next 2-3 months, I can give you detailed impressions because I really didn't get a chance to look at the details of the car, like what are the knobs made of, etc.

Does anyone actually know yet what the production schedules are. I am used to having a time slot and production date with the European cars, but it appears Ford is not on that plan.
    Last edited by LovinLincoln; 07-10-2017 at 07:59 AM.

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD; 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (sold)
    Quote Originally Posted by LovinLincoln View Post
    Thank you.

Does anyone actually know yet what the production schedules are. I am used to having a time slot and production date with the European cars, but it appears Ford is not on that plan.
    For my order in Canada it took a few weeks for the VIN to be allocated to an order, followed by the production date, shipping dates and delivery to dealer date as a package. Lincoln provides your dealer with the info. Once you have the VIN then Lincoln Concierge can help find your car's schedule in theory, but my dealer had the info and Concierge could not find it.

The change-over from Continental 2017 to 2018 model year can be seen in post #2 here: https://lincolnforums.com/forums/thr...ln-Continental This may give you something to talk about with your dealer.

Good luck with your order and speedy delivery.

GomezAddams is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental Black Label
    After driving the Mercedes S and SL classes for the last 30 years, I have decided to try the new 2018 Lincoln Continental Black Label.

Exterior is Chroma Elite Copper with the Thoroughbred interior. For 2018, only three package options, everything else is standard. Ordered all three options.

Hoping to have a new and fun experience.

Hello to all.
    That is exactly the way I ordered my 2017, same colors and options. I should get it next week. I ordered a 2017 + version, it has all the 2018 options on it. Mainly the HUD was added to the technology package on mine that was not on the previous versions.

Quote Originally Posted by GomezAddams View Post
    That is exactly the way I ordered my 2017, same colors and options. I should get it next week. I ordered a 2017 + version, it has all the 2018 options on it. Mainly the HUD was added to the technology package on mine that was not on the previous versions.
    If you are getting the advanced HUD with yours, and ordered all the options, then we should have the exact same car. I don't think they changed anything between the 2018 other than make the moonroof standard, as well as the climate package. My three options are the Technology Package, Rear Seat Package and the Perfect Position Seating. For our cars to be the exact same you would only need to order those three options plus the Climate Package. The moonroof would come with the Rear Seat Package. The change in the MSRP for the fully equipped Black Label, from 2017 to 2018, is $1,875, an increase of 2.3%.

The only question I am still trying to get answered is in the Order Guide, it says the Chrome Belt line integrated advanced electric door handle is changed. No one seems to know anything about that, so I am trying to track that down.

I am looking forward to seeing lots of pictures when your car comes.
    Last edited by LovinLincoln; 07-11-2017 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Town View Post
    For my order in Canada it took a few weeks for the VIN to be allocated to an order, followed by the production date, shipping dates and delivery to dealer date as a package. Lincoln provides your dealer with the info. Once you have the VIN then Lincoln Concierge can help find your car's schedule in theory, but my dealer had the info and Concierge could not find it.

The change-over from Continental 2017 to 2018 model year can be seen in post #2 here: https://lincolnforums.com/forums/thr...ln-Continental This may give you something to talk about with your dealer.

Good luck with your order and speedy delivery.
    Thanks for the information Town!

I thought you might like to see what they are saying over at the Mercedes forum about my going to a Lincoln Continental Black Label after having a Mercedes for so many years. I have been an active participant in this forum for many years, and I got a laugh out of some of the comments I am receiving.

Mercedes Forum comments.jpg

Slick Fan is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2003 TC Signature, 1977 TC, 2003 Aviator
    I thought you might like to see what they are saying over at the Mercedes forum about my going to a Lincoln Continental Black Label after having a Mercedes for so many years. I have been an active participant in this forum for many years, and I got a laugh out of some of the comments I am receiving.
    Oh, so we are in the deep end, huh? Does that mean they are still in the kiddie pool over there?

Congratulations on your choice, I am sure you will love your new Continental. Also, welcome to the forum! I see you are already a supporting member too, proving you're not afraid to jump into this deep end with both feet! Haha!

Regarding the change of the electric door handle... The early 2017s had an issue with the sensors being constantly on. If you didn't drive the car for a couple weeks, the battery would go dead. Lots of dead batteries on dealer lots. This has been corrected for 2018 models.

Pasadena Lady is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental
    What will they do to fix the 2017 Continentals?

Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasadena Lady View Post
    What will they do to fix the 2017 Continentals?
    Not sure what the fix is for the early 2017 models. My Black Label Rep just told me about the problem when going over the 2018 changes. I'm getting excited, my late production 2017 3.0 AWD White Chalet Black Label should be delivered in the next 10 days.