Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: Panoramic Roof

Thread: Panoramic Roof

Panoramic Roof

Remove this ad
    To those of you who have the Panoramic Roof. Question. When TILTING roof (not sliding back, but just tilting), how high does it tilt? My Continental only tilts up 3/4 to 7/8 inch (2cm exactly). Not enough. Can't even look through the gap.

My other car, (not a Ford/Lincoln) has the identical roof and it tilts up much higher.

How about you guys?

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD; 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (sold)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctrcbob View Post
    To those of you who have the Panoramic Roof. Question. When TILTING roof (not sliding back, but just tilting), how high does it tilt? My Continental only tilts up 3/4 to 7/8 inch (2cm exactly). Not enough. Can't even look through the gap.

My other car, (not a Ford/Lincoln) has the identical roof and it tilts up much higher.

How about you guys?
    Mine operates the same as yours, the edge distance is about 3/4" and the center distance is 7/8". I can see out through that opening from the drivers seat, and I can see a scalloped restriction near the glass top and a clear opening below that. When tilted and the ignition is in full accessory position (engine not running) then both HVAC fans are operating and there is noticeable airflow out the tilted roof panel. I have not really used the full panel opening or the tilt position when driving so I cannot evaluate the effectiveness of the vent position.

Based upon the quality of the engineering in the Continental and the scalloped opening I think the size of the opening is engineered to allow sufficient air flow for good ventilation but not too much to create noise in the cabin. The front of the tilted panel is flush with the windshield extension so it is aerodynamically engineered. I would expect the noise level inside the cabin to be low.

My 2007 Town Car had the vent that moved similarly to the Continental but made a larger opening I think.

Good luck.

Ok. Thanks. My other car with the same Pano roof opens aprox two or more inches. I never slide the pano roof back as it makes the car look funny. I'd rather have the regular sunroof/moonroof that tilts or retracts inside the roof.

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD; 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (sold)
    Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctrcbob View Post
    Ok. Thanks. My other car with the same Pano roof opens aprox two or more inches. I never slide the pano roof back as it makes the car look funny. I'd rather have the regular sunroof/moonroof that tilts or retracts inside the roof.
    I was reading the other day about the difference between a sunroof and a moonroof. The definition proposed is that a sunroof allows access to see the sky but does not open, while the moonroof allows access to see the sky and opens.

Good luck with your moonroof.