Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: What are your thoughts on this pretty much blacked out Continental?

What are your thoughts on this pretty much blacked out Continental?

Remove this ad
    Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your next Lincoln for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

Slick Fan is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2003 TC Signature, 1977 TC, 2003 Aviator
    Looks okay I guess, but I prefer the original look.

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD; 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (sold)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Fan View Post
    Looks okay I guess, but I prefer the original look.
    As Slick Fan wrote; not a style that I would buy.

I usually don't like blacked out cars, but this looks really good. That said, it's still not something I would buy.
    1989 Chrysler LeBaron 68,000 miles
    2013 Ford Taurus 51,000 miles

Pasadena Lady is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental
    The car would be acceptable if and only if it had the needed features to back up the good looks. It should have red calipers and an engine with HP of at least 500 to 650. If it has the look then it needs the back-up. I may consider it then. Maybe Lincoln could use one like this to get younger owners and boost sales!
    Upon looking at the car further it has a more aggressive look. Hard to believe all the chrome and shiny adds the look of luxury.

I'm old school. A blacked out car looks unfinished to me.

It reminds me of the Lincoln Mark VIII LSC of years ago. The black version looked pretty much just like this...
    Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.

Back in the old days, the saying was "If it don't go, chrome it".
    I guess this one must go. ��

Second thoughts...... I was talking about this car with my husband and we both have seen cars that are blacked out. Cadillac had one model that we saw as a used car. Since we live in PA , we always refer to these as Mennonite cars. Since certain Mennonite sects can drive cars , they were not allowed to take any pride in the vehicle. So all chrome had to be blacked out. So a car like that ( blacked out ) would not be a car with any pride or a good look. So it should just fade into the background. We still see some Mennonite cars in the area. Could you imagine a Mennonite family in this car?

Slick Fan is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2003 TC Signature, 1977 TC, 2003 Aviator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
    It reminds me of the Lincoln Mark VIII LSC of years ago. The black version looked pretty much just like this...
    True...and I didn't care for those cars either, all blacked out.
    Regarding the above Continental, I think I'd have to put big chrome wheels on it at least, to make it mildly appealing to me. I've just never been a fan of all black wheels on most anything.

This is why these features come in "options". Some people want them, others don't...

MKC Mac is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 MKC Black Label
    Not a big fan of blacked out cars. The standard Continental has presence, this one doesn't.

i'm not into the "murdered-out" look whatsoever. and not on this car. Contrast highlights, however small, make a big difference than just a big ink blot on wheels. I see the side-strakes were left alone, but its not enough.

I DO like the black grille insert...the wheels make for too much black...likely a brushed metal finish would suffice on the wheels & would be a big improvement... maybe even in a mid-tone, say, titanium that still offers contrast...IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
    This is why these features come in "options". Some people want them, others don't...
    I don't understand why you asked for people's opinions, then. Why bother?

Welll, at least you stirred up some interesting conversation, Sal.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BlinkGone View Post
    I don't understand why you asked for people's opinions, then. Why bother?
    I don't understand the reasoning behind your question. I didn't tell anyone they had to like the blacked out look. Some people like it; some people don't. That's fine. Why does "This is why these features come in 'options'" make you ask why I bothered asking what people thought of the look? People are giving me their opinion. Great. That's exactly what I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasadena Lady View Post
    Welll, at least you stirred up some interesting conversation, Sal.
    That he did!

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Fan View Post
    That he did!
    Something we definitely need more of around here!

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD; 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (sold)
    I picked up an engine oil filter for my son's Dodge Grand Caravan yesterday. The dealership had a Dodge SRT in the showroom and it was blacked out and had the red brake calipers, as Pasadena Lady thinks the Continental should have. It certainly has presence, like Darth Vader, a sinister look.

I wonder how much it costs to do the blacked out look?

Well, the cost to do the black out skin is about $7000. The wheels are about $3200 for 21"or 22" I don't remember which one the dealer said.

Well, the cost to do the black out skin is about $7000. The wheels are about $3200 for 21"or 22" I don't remember which one the dealer said.
    $7000?! My nephew you could do it for you for $500.

Remember these are California prices!

Remember these are California prices!
    I love California but I'm glad I don't live there!

Remove this ad
    The salesman said they did the Conti for the LA auto show. Finally sold it off. Promised me more pics but nothing yet.