lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: Continental wheel nut torque requirement
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    mark95man is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2014 Navigator & MKZ Hybrid, 07 TC Designer, 96 TC, 79 MARK V Cartier, 75+ 69-71 Lincoln MARK IIIs
    Remove this ad
    Now the question of lug nut torque: When you changed out one lug nut to the "locking" type, did you tightened that new nut to 162 ft lbs as stated in the owner's manual?

Town is online now Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by mark95man View Post
    Now the question of lug nut torque: When you changed out one lug nut to the "locking" type, did you tightened that new nut to 162 ft lbs as stated in the owner's manual?
    If you are talking about my post where I removed a locking wheel nut, you should read it again.

Town is online now Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD
    Remove this ad
    After I reset the one wheel where I removed the wheel locking nut I did check the wheel nut torque on all 4 wheels. They were 145 ft lbs; so I reset all to 150 ft lbs. My torque wrench is only 22" in overall length and no trouble removing the nuts and setting them. I have used the same torque wrench to tighten wheel hub nuts to 230 ft lbs so wheel nuts are no problem.