lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: 04 Town Car - Instrument cluster all the lights comes on flickering

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

04 Town Car - Instrument cluster all the lights comes on flickering

I have this issue with a 04 Town Car - Instrument cluster, Everything works fine, except for all the yellow and red lights comes on and flicker at random. Then the only light is left on is the battery light.

Just installed a new starter and a new battery. I change the starter because it was broken, nothing to do with this issue. A new battery due to age.

Clean the terminals and cable do not seems rusted. The car runs when I remove the battery cable while the car is running, so it is not the alternator.

Everything works fine on the cluster except all the flickering lights at random.

Sometimes, it have no issues with the cluster.

Searched all over the internet and have not found a solution to this problem. It seems to happen more when it rains.

Will try to put up a video tomorrow.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading

Michael

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD
    The warning lights would involve the PCM (Powertrain Control module) in the engine bay bulkhead and the LCM (lighting control module) under dash to the right of steering column and open from underneath. You could look for any water in the area of the PCM which is located about under the steering column buried in bulkhead with a long set of connectors on the engine side and placed horizontally. There are two cowl drains there, one from the driver wiper arm spindle and the other a larger opening for the passenger wiper arm spindle opening. The driver side has a tube while the center drain from passenger wiper arm area is a large rubber tube. You could pour some water down those openings and see it it tracks toward the PCM. Not likely a moisture issue for the LCM but you never know. Bad grounds for those modules could also be a problem.

Good luck.

Have you checked your alternator? If its not generating enough power that will happen. At least it happened to me in a 1996 Grand Marquis. But after that... the battery is dead. Im sure Town is correct in what he said.