lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: New owner... park assist questions
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Remove this ad
    This thread is AWESOME!!!! Ive been having the same darn problem on my 2004! There is a 007 in the junk yard. Maybe I can swap out the ultrasonic for the radar?!? Probably not though. Different plugs. Ill have to get to cleaning the connectors!

Town, I need diagrams like these for the whole car, where can I get a full set of these images? ready to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Town View Post
    Here is a diagram of the Park Assist components on a 2004 LTC. It is the ultrasonic type:

TecNickal is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 2003 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    The 2003-2005 is typically having a failure of the module behind the bumper cover. The module on the parcel shelf is not the issue. The sensors in the bumper, unless painted over, are generally fine.

Something to do with moisture/temperature has an impact on function of the park assist.

I'm on my third 2003. Each one has had a failed module behind the bumper cover. It's $200 aftermarket, $300 from Ford. Every single one I picked up at the junkyard was the factory one and was junk. The 2003-5 use the same module - Ford parts listing doesn't show this. Its wrong :-) Fixed a friends 2004 and tested this by swapping between his car and my fleet.

Slick Fan is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2003 TC Signature, 1977 TC, 2003 Aviator
    Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by TecNickal View Post
    The 2003-2005 is typically having a failure of the module behind the bumper cover. The module on the parcel shelf is not the issue. The sensors in the bumper, unless painted over, are generally fine.

Something to do with moisture/temperature has an impact on function of the park assist.

I'm on my third 2003. Each one has had a failed module behind the bumper cover. It's $200 aftermarket, $300 from Ford. Every single one I picked up at the junkyard was the factory one and was junk. The 2003-5 use the same module - Ford parts listing doesn't show this. Its wrong :-) Fixed a friends 2004 and tested this by swapping between his car and my fleet.
    That's good to know, thanks for posting that!
    That makes me wonder if my Aviator uses the same module, because it's the same year as my TC. I guess I'd better crawl under there & compare!