• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

3.9L engine compatibility

Jims65

Hi,

I have a 2000 Lincoln LS with a 3.9L. The motor is bad and I would like to swap out the motor. I found a 2002 3.9L that I would like to use, but don't know if it's compatible.

What year motors are compatible. Do I just have to change out the intake on some or???

Thank you

Jims65

I was told by 2 different salvage places that it did show 2000 to 2002 as a swap. The one guy said that if it only takes a manifold change or small item it will tell what is need to swap it but it didn't. Also the Ford dealer said they show a different short block from 2000 to 2002. So I'm not sure what to think. They did show 2000 to 2001 as a swap. What's your thoughts??

don-ohio

Sport version in 2002 might be different, but I would think if you put the old manifold and other electrical devices on to it that it should be okay.
Go do a search here and double-check on it.

HTML