Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Nautilus | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: Lincoln Luxury Vehicle Reviews
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Steve G Guest

OMG I think I\'m getting one...

Remove this ad
    I really want a Mark VIII lol There\'s one not to far from here for sale :yum: :freak: Add another one to the list lol

VickiM74 Guest

How many cars do you currently own? You are always talking about buying cars!

Pantera99GS Guest

You\'re almost as bad my brother. He just bought a freaking Merkur XR4Ti.

I will say though that I\'ve got a thing for Lincoln Mark VIII\'s, make mine an LSC in white with tinted windows please .

BECG Guest

[quote name=\'VickiM74\']How many cars do you currently own? You are always talking about buying cars![/QUOTE]

Ohh.. im gettin an idea for a new thread!! :drevil:

VickiM74 Guest

who owns the most cars? :dunno:

BECG Guest

lol.. just a poll.. how many

imported_Tubby Guest

Mark VIIs are better, much sexier, and easily fast :evil:

SC_Steve Guest

lol just out of the blue? :lol: I\'m in the market for one myself

WhiteLightninLSC Guest

[quote name=\'Tubby\']Mark VIIs are better, much sexier, and easily fast :evil:[/QUOTE]

I think they both look good, with the VII being less sexy, more macho. As for easily fast, put a torque convertor, gears, and a real exhaust on the VIII. Now, as for maintenance... yeah, VII all the way.

Lux Guest

The mark VIII is sexier IMO..i almost wish i would of bought one...but they are a total pita to work on.. With a VIII you can throw in a set of gears, tc, tires..you\'ll be in the 13\'s, they can be made faster..much much easier.

However, the VII is tough and more muscle car looking..not to mention hella easy to work on...plus 5.0 shit is cheaaaaaaap...and can also be made hella fast, just gotta do a little more work.

VETECISFORGRANDMAS Guest

The mark 8 looks like a space craft, or a beached bathtub. The mark 7 has a muscle car look to it. I will take a 7 any day of the week, before I would take an 8.

You can put a VII in the 7s, but you can\'t put an VIII in the 8\'s.

DrDragon Guest

There\'s a challenge for you MKVIII owners. :yes:

WhiteLightninLSC Guest

[quote name=\'Clouderold\']You can put a VII in the 7s, but you can\'t put an VIII in the 8\'s.[/QUOTE]
    What was that?

SeventyCutlass S Guest

[quote name=\'Clouderold\']You can put a VII in the 7s, but you can\'t put an VIII in the 8\'s.[/QUOTE]

dude, you can put ANYCAR into the friggen 7s, i was just watching NOPI tunervision and they had 6 second Supras

****in \"VIIIs are slow bullshit\" goddamnit all

SeventyCutlass S Guest

Bossman, GET THE VIII!

go for it man, you will never regret it! until something breaks

Steve G Guest

I have a 95 Mustang, 92 Cougar, and a 91 Corsica... Mustang is going to be sold for some extra cash... I want to make the cougar a little faster and I\'m waiting for the Corsica to burn to hell (gas line is leaking on the exhaust)

In the past couple of months I also had a 91 or 89 Civic hatchback (don\'t ask) I had a Mark VII but that one was for the 5.0L, the body was shot! Oh and I sold my 89 Mustang a couple of months ago.. that thing was a bitch on the road @ 2880lbs and 285 or so hp (flywheel)

[quote name=\'WhiteLightnin\'LSC\']What was that?

[/QUOTE]

Meh. =P

I own a 89 LSc a 88 LSC parts car and a 77 monte carlo

I will soon be getting another 89 lsc, and a mid to late 90s full size truck

Jker Guest

You can have mine.

It just turned 70K. Boo friggen hoo.

WhiteLightninLSC Guest

[quote name=\'Clouderold\']Meh. =P[/QUOTE]

You seem rather bitter, is it because you drive an Altima. :dunno:

WhiteLightninLSC Guest

[quote name=\'SeventyCutlass S\']dude, you can put ANYCAR into the friggen 7s, i was just watching NOPI tunervision and they had 6 second Supras

****in \"VIIIs are slow bullshit\" goddamnit all[/QUOTE]

It kinda gets to me when fellow Lincoln (Mark VII) guys rag on the VIII, especially the people that have never owned or even driven one. I own both, and it just so happens both have different positive and negative traits.

Jker Guest

I agree.

It\'s been about 4 years since i owned a 7, so it;s a stale memory, but my 8 is nice, and gets the job done.

not a status car, but who cares.....

Steve G Guest

Actually the smartest thing for me would be to get another F150 4x4. I seriously miss this truck out of everything I\'ve owned:

84 Cougar
    79 Firebird
    97 Ranger Splash
    98 ZX2
    97 F150 XLT 4x4
    78 Bronco
    78 Bronco (parts truck)
    00 ZX2
    89 Mustang LX
    89 Old\'s Cutlass wagon
    91 Corsica
    91 Mark VII (parts car - I think it was a 91)
    83 Mustang LX Notch (had this for about a day lol)
    92 Cougar
    95 Mustang \"GT\"

See I didn\'t have that many cars in the past 12 years. Seriously I have dreams about the F150 sometimes. That truck had everything going for it. Too bad it didn\'t fit in the parking lot at my stupid cubicle job! I would still have it today.

SeventyCutlass S Guest

Remove this ad
    [quote name=\'WhiteLightnin\'LSC\']It kinda gets to me when fellow Lincoln (Mark VII) guys rag on the VIII, especially the people that have never owned or even driven one. I own both, and it just so happens both have different positive and negative traits.[/QUOTE]

yeah i know! i have driven both as well. and between the 2 i would stick with my VIII

whats an Altima?