24 Way Seats On the Grand Touring

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Un-decided

Sat in the 24 way seats for over an hour yesterday. I found the backs to be flat, hard and generally uncomfortable. The lumbar adjustments push what feels like steel rods across you back at different heights. Not enough padding I would say. I later sat in a base model with the 10 way seat and it was very plush and comfortable like you'd expect from Lincoln. Problem is, I can't get those seats with ventilation in the Grand Touring. Not sure what to do.

Macsterguy

Texas
I was wondering if I was the only one that felt that way… The incredibly overcomplicated seats are just not comfortable —>•<— period. The base seats are better in my opinion but still not comfortable. Gave the car to my wife and she loves it! 😂

Pabaldeagle

SUPPORTING MEMBER
California
Definitely less comfortable than my wife's Explorer seats. The lower back sides of the seat seem almost too "small", like they are pushing on my kidneys. Since she won't trade, I'm hoping the seat conforms over time, or my back will have to (!?). I also successfully (so far!) hunted down and drowned (with silicon spray) an irritating squeak under the driver seat which made itself know over every bump.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
Definitely less comfortable than my wife's Explorer seats. The lower back sides of the seat seem almost too "small", like they are pushing on my kidneys. Since she won't trade, I'm hoping the seat conforms over time, or my back will have to (!?). I also successfully (so far!) hunted down and drowned (with silicon spray) an irritating squeak under the driver seat which made itself know over every bump.
Hit the seat button on the driver's door. It will pop up settings on the touchscreen for adjusting the seat. That may help.

That being said, these seats are not nearly as comfortable as the same seats in the Nautilus.

SimpleSimon

Sat in the 24 way seats for over an hour yesterday. I found the backs to be flat, hard and generally uncomfortable. The lumbar adjustments push what feels like steel rods across you back at different heights. Not enough padding I would say. I later sat in a base model with the 10 way seat and it was very plush and comfortable like you'd expect from Lincoln. Problem is, I can't get those seats with ventilation in the Grand Touring. Not sure what to do.
My GT has the 10 way seats with ventilation. The 24 way seats were an upgrade.

Voidoid

No, the 24 way seats are an option.
The 24-way seats are an option, but they are not stand-alone anymore. 2022 bundles them in the Elements Technology package, so if you want things like heated steering wheel, heated rear seats, wireless charger, phone as a key etc. then you're going to get them with the package. So they are harder to avoid if you don't like them.

Last edited:

G-404049

The 24-way seats are an option, but they are not stand-alone anymore. 2022 bundles them in the Elements Technology package, so if you want things like heated steering wheel, heated rear seats, wireless charger, phone as a key etc. then you're going to get them with the package.
I knew there was a catch. I would want heated steering wheel.

Un-decided

The 24-way seats are an option, but they are not stand-alone anymore. 2022 bundles them in the Elements Technology package, so if you want things like heated steering wheel, heated rear seats, wireless charger, phone as a key etc. then you're going to get them with the package. So they are harder to avoid if you don't like them.
Also, when you add the Luxury Package, it adds the Elements Package. So, you have to give up a lot of equipment to not get the 24 way seats.

kingdre

I cant wait. My MY' 19 MKZ has the massaging seats and I LOVE THEM!! I also test drove a 21 Corsair GT, but its not long enough.