2023 Corsair info

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

RedHoncho

Aug 20, 2021
Marysville, Ohio
I haven't yet seen an image of the 2023 Corsair with a front license plate. My guess is that it will be similar to the way Audi, Lexus, and BMW (all with large front grills) will handle it. Looking at photos of the 2023 Corsair, it appears that the license plate would be base-mounted to the center top of the front bumper... rising up the front grill and well below the Lincoln star. That lower section of the grill is solid anyway, so it's not a ventilation issue.

I don't see the front license plate being mounted under the front bumper — that would be too low.

We'll see.

View attachment 14828
I saw a close up photo of the new 2023 grill. There are holes that are expertly hidden that allow for the mounting of a front license plate bracket.

Ohio stopped requiring front plates in June 2021. They are optional. When I picked up my GT in October my dealer representative asked me if I wanted the front license plate bracket installed at no cost. I quickly declined that offer.

ljnelson109

Sep 5, 2022
My Lincoln
2023 Corsair
I saw a close up photo of the new 2023 grill. There are holes that are expertly hidden that allow for the mounting of a front license plate bracket.
That is great. All manufacturers should do that. It only makes sense.

tgara

Aug 31, 2021
Connecticut
My Lincoln
2021 Nautilus
Wouldn't this tend to restrict airflow and make for hotter running?
Probably but you could always drill holes in the number plate to fix that :geek:

LinkedMe

Jun 12, 2019
Illinois
My Lincoln
2016 MKX Reserve
Probably but you could always drill holes in the number plate to fix that :geek:
That would certainly cause a Police stop........around here they'd think it was bullet holes and then there'd be a lot of explaining to do.

Arteest

Apr 17, 2022
Silver Spring, Maryland
My Lincoln
Now: 2016 Lincoln MKC | Delivered (refused): 2022 Lincoln Corsair GT | Ordered: 2023 Lincoln Corsair GT
Wouldn't this tend to restrict airflow and make for hotter running?
A license plate mount above the front bumper wouldn't restrict airflow. If you look at photos of the '23 Corsair grill, the lower third has a solid background — that lower portion of the grill is merely a cosmetic, non-functional styling affectation.

Also, there would never be any need to rig up some aftermarket front license plate contraption. With the number of states that require a front plate, it has always been a no-cost option — not just for Lincoln, but for all brands sold in the US (and probably Canada).