2023 Corsair info

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
Hi NJRonbo. Thanks for getting that. I had promised Harley I would post it here. Must have been uploaded sometime earlier today, because when I checked late last night and this morning, it was still not available.

EDIT- Just looked and it was uploaded onto The Blue Oval Forums by "ice-capades" only an hour ago...lol

Good luck. 🍻

NJRonbo

Jul 16, 2015
Whoa, didn't even notice the bright red interior when I did the configurator. not necessarily my taste but its pretty slick

I love the red interior. The only thing holding me back is the absence of the Star Light Metallic Applique which lights up on the passenger dash.

The product sheet cites it is available only with the Ebony/Truffle interior combination, though oddly, the Lincoln product photo shows it in the Ebony color as well.

Jun 22, 2021
Thanks!!!!

Jun 22, 2021
The Star Light is available in the Truffle as optional and the black as standard. It’s a bit confusing how it was worded.

NJRonbo

Jul 16, 2015
The Star Light is available in the Truffle as optional and the black as standard. It’s a bit confusing how it was worded.

Aaah, thanks for that clarification. So, it is available in both just standard in the Ebony. Great! Sadly, that means no red interior for me.

I do see I am losing abut 30hp moving from 2022 to the 2023 GT. Hope it won't be too noticeable.

Trixar

Nov 19, 2020
The order sheet only mentions a front camera washer. Should I take that to mean they removed the backup camera washer present on 2021-2022 models? I wish I had one on my 2020 Corsair because the camera repeatedly needs to be wiped clean during the winter.

On a separate note, considering that the order sheet does not show Burgundy Velvet as a deleted color, do you think the new Crystal Red color is just Burgundy Velvet renamed?

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
The order sheet only mentions a front camera washer. Should I take that to mean they removed the backup camera washer present on 2021-2022 models? I wish I had one on my 2020 Corsair because the camera repeatedly needs to be wiped clean during the winter.

On a separate note, considering that the order sheet does not show Burgundy Velvet as a deleted color, do you think the new Crystal Red color is just Burgundy Velvet renamed?

Hi Trixar. Concerning the color question: Most likely not the same color. Generally speaking, Lincoln does not rename a color from year to year. If the name is different, then the color will be different, to one degree or another.
The easiest way to verify this is by the color code. If the codes are different, the colors are different. If the codes are the same, then the colors are the same.

Good luck.

Last edited:

tgara

Aug 31, 2021
Connecticut
My Lincoln
2021 Nautilus
Aaah, thanks for that clarification. So, it is available in both just standard in the Ebony. Great! Sadly, that means no red interior for me.

I do see I am losing abut 30hp moving from 2022 to the 2023 GT. Hope it won't be too noticeable.

The upgrades and refresh to the 2023 Corsair look really good and extensive, well beyond just Sync 4. I kinda even like the front grille. If it wasn't for the Corsair being too small for my particular needs, I would definitely consider getting one.

But WTH is it with the extra cost paint colors?? Silver Radiance and Infinite Black are the only ones without an upcharge? I got Asher Gray on my Nautilus and it was not an extra cost color but it is now on the 2023 Corsair and Aviator! Another way they stick it to you FFS! Seems like the 2023 models (Corsair, Aviator, Navigator), every color besides silver and black is upcharged!

Last edited:

RedHoncho

Aug 20, 2021
Marysville, Ohio
The upgrades and refresh to the 2023 Corsair look really good and extensive, well beyond just Sync 4. I kinda even like the front grille. If it wasn't for the Corsair being too small for my particular needs, I would definitely consider getting one.

But WTH is it with the extra cost paint colors?? Silver Radiance and Infinite Black are the only ones without an upcharge? I got Asher Gray on my Nautilus and it was not an extra cost color but it is now on the 2023 Corsair and Aviator! Another way they stick it to you FFS! Seems like the 2023 models (Corsair, Aviator, Navigator), every color besides silver and black is upcharged!
This seems to be a trend with many luxury automakers. GMC even does it on their vehicles if you get any color other than white. It is frustrating for certain as it is an added cost that is put in to increase profits. Most of these colors are not specialty colors. Some of them are tri-coats or have tinted clear coat as in the Red Carpet. Asher Grey? I'm not so sure about that one. I like the color but I wouldn't pay an additional $750 for a grey.

I spent 35.5 years in automotive paint and in many different automotive manufacturing plants in the US. It used to be the white tri-coats were upcharged and nothing else. Lincoln started introducing the Chroma series colors on their high end Black Label vehicles and charging exorbitant fees for the to the tune of $1750. Now, they are over $2000.

This model year, it appears that any color other than Infinite Black or Radiance Silver are up-charged no matter what vehicle you are purchasing and what model level. It bites but you either choose the no charge colors or pay the price.

heywardjr

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Dec 22, 2021
In looking at the new front end I am baffled how anyone who lives in a State that requires front license plates can mount plates. Virginia where I live, does require front plates and I would be screwed if I got a 23 with the new front end. Virginia also has a annual safety inspection and I wonder how this would pass without a plate mounted.

tgara

Aug 31, 2021
Connecticut
My Lincoln
2021 Nautilus
In looking at the new front end I am baffled how anyone who lives in a State that requires front license plates can mount plates. Virginia where I live, does require front plates and I would be screwed if I got a 23 with the new front end. Virginia also has a annual safety inspection and I wonder how this would pass without a plate mounted.
Why would you be screwed? Obviously you have to install a front plate, and it will most likely be mounted in the usual place, albeit on the large front grille. Lexus and Audi have similar large grilles, and they have front plates mounted in the usual place. I doubt an offset plate will work due to various sensors and cameras in the front end which cannot be blocked.

heywardjr

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Dec 22, 2021
I think that would be terrible looking. I would just drive without a front plate and plead ignorance and blink my eyes passionately at the officer hoping for forgiveness. :) I'm hoping that my state changes that requirement as a lot of other states have dropped the front plate. I know that now the inspectors don't check the front plate now just as they don't check for tinted side windows anymore here.

Arteest

Apr 17, 2022
Silver Spring, Maryland
My Lincoln
Now: 2016 Lincoln MKC | Delivered (refused): 2022 Lincoln Corsair GT | Ordered: 2023 Lincoln Corsair GT
I haven't yet seen an image of the 2023 Corsair with a front license plate. My guess is that it will be similar to the way Audi, Lexus, and BMW (all with large front grills) will handle it. Looking at photos of the 2023 Corsair, it appears that the license plate would be base-mounted to the center top of the front bumper... rising up the front grill and well below the Lincoln star. That lower section of the grill is solid anyway, so it's not a ventilation issue.

I don't see the front license plate being mounted under the front bumper — that would be too low.

We'll see.

1663519030884.png

Last edited:

LinkedMe

Jun 12, 2019
Illinois
My Lincoln
2016 MKX Reserve
Illinois requires front plates too and I NEVER, EVER see a Tesla or a Corvette with a front plate. I guess the Police have better issues to handle these days than pull over vehicles without front plates.....go figure

ljnelson109

Sep 5, 2022
My Lincoln
2023 Corsair
Everyone acts like front plates are an uncommon requirement. Per this article, it is well over half of the states and DC. I just wish that the manufacturers would provide a clean way to add and remove the front plate mount. Most these days require making permanent holes in the front bumper or fascia. They are required here in MD and I often see cars that have obviously been issued violations and now have their tag laying on the front dash, mounted in some sloppy way, or are otherwise trying to comply after the fact. Yes, I do see some cars without, but most cars in MD in compliant.

tgara

Aug 31, 2021
Connecticut
My Lincoln
2021 Nautilus
The Lexus forums discuss this issue, and have some solutions including so-called No Drill brackets.

20171215_153645_240ffc635f076c2d6e4e571bf63c7edf7f1c8ca7.jpg

Here's a video...

They may make one for the Corsair.