2023 Aviator Order

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

JohnAFolger

May 1, 2022
My Lincoln
2023 Aviator
Just heard from dealer ..microchip delay, anyone know what this could be. I see nothing on my end.

Pete@STAP

Jan 2, 2008
Ontario
My Lincoln
2023 Aviator Reserve 201A
Just heard from dealer ..microchip delay, anyone know what this could be. I see nothing on my end.
All build but waiting for a chip. Waiting outside on a Ramp (parking lot). I don't think it'll be there long.

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
My Lincoln
2020 Aviator Reserve
How do you know this?
I believe there was a post mentioning there were approximately 5000 vehicles in a lot awaiting chips so that they can be shipped.

Peter

Pete@STAP

Jan 2, 2008
Ontario
My Lincoln
How do you know this?
Post 121, where you mentioned yourself about a microchip delay. Aviators don't have to wait very long and get preference over Explorers. Profit margin thing.....

;)

Pete@STAP

Jan 2, 2008
Ontario
My Lincoln
I meant how do you know that my vehicle is with the others and that it won't be long?
Everything i know about this Aviator chip issue is, what i've read about it and Dealer info, and everything indicated that Aviators don't have to wait for a long time to get its chips. I don't believe the Aviator orderbanks are getting crowded, filling order to deliveries close to it's old normal 8-9 weeks for now. Unlike my 2021 F150 which sat around for 4 month last year

Last edited:

danmaninnc

Jul 23, 2022
My Lincoln
2023 Lincoln Aviator Reserve
Ordered 5/12, scheduled delivery in 3 weeks. Much faster than I was expecting assuming no delivery days

2023 Aviator Reserve AWD
601A
Dynamic handling
Illumination
Luxury package
22 inch wheels
Floor liners
Tow package
Full rear console

5/12 ordered
5/13 Lincoln order confirmation
6/14 scheduled build 8/22
6/22 scheduled build 7/18
6/28 scheduled build 7/25
7/25 in production
7/29 built
8/16-8/22 delivery to dealer

All of my ordered options are on the window sticker with the exception of the $55 hands free lift gate credit

Mariwool

Jul 9, 2022
Ordered 5/12, scheduled delivery in 3 weeks. Much faster than I was expecting assuming no delivery days

2023 Aviator Reserve AWD
601A
Dynamic handling
Illumination
Luxury package
22 inch wheels
Floor liners
Tow package
Full rear console

5/12 ordered
7/25 in production
7/29 built

All of my ordered options are on the window sticker with the exception of the $55 hands free lift gate credit
Did your tracking change from production to built on the tracking system they gave you? I had a blend date of 07/28 but there has been on changes on the tracking system.

Pete@STAP

Jan 2, 2008
Ontario
My Lincoln

2023 Aviator Reserve AWD
601A
Dynamic handling
Illumination
Luxury package
22 inch wheels
Floor liners
Tow package
Full rear console

5/12 ordered
7/25 in production
7/29 built

Produced or build status means you got all your chips with out a lengthy delay. Hoping for the same.

JohnAFolger

May 1, 2022
My Lincoln
2023 Aviator
Produced or build status means you got all your chips with out a lengthy delay. Hoping for the same.
God for you all. I'm hoping to hear from dealer today regarding chip issue.

Hotrod Lincoln 23

May 9, 2022
Tulsa, OK - USA
My Lincoln
2023 Aviator R1, AWD, Flight Blue, Ebony Roast, Illumination Pkg, Dynamic Handing Pkg, Lift Gate Delete
No word from Lincoln although I'm thinking I will receive an email tomorrow afternoon. Seems that the emails drop on Tuesdays.
Just checked the "track my order" link in the last email I received from them (with an 8/15/22 build date), and it states that my Aviator is in production. It also had my window sticker available that shows the Dynamic Handling Package included and the $55 credit for the lift gate delete.

Pete@STAP

Jan 2, 2008
Ontario
My Lincoln
No word from Lincoln although I'm thinking I will receive an email tomorrow afternoon. Seems that the emails drop on Tuesdays.
Just checked the "track my order" link in the last email I received from them (with an 8/15/22 build date), and it states that my Aviator is in production. It also had my window sticker available that shows the Dynamic Handling Package included and the $55 credit for the lift gate delete.
As soon as the order to build is send to the plant, the sticker plus factory invoice is generated, about 1 week (normally, but it happened much quicker on this Aviator order) before build day, it automatically shows "in production" right away, but nothing actually happens till it's bucked in body shop and the build starts about 1-2 days before blend date). It'll keep that status till the build is completed with all it's chips, and is ready to be shipped and changes status to produced. It's then moved outside the plant to a ramp (numbered parking lot, of which there are several), waiting to be loaded on rail or convoy, which can take from a couple days to several weeks, depending on where your dealer is and when they have enough to fill a railcar/truck headed that way. If you're in AK, the wait will be a lot longer... Just wondering what your rotation number is. 4 digit on top of the sticker. There's another guy on her that has his Aviator going down the line an hour after mine, couple days after you. (Aug17)

Last edited:

Hotrod Lincoln 23

May 9, 2022
Tulsa, OK - USA
My Lincoln
2023 Aviator R1, AWD, Flight Blue, Ebony Roast, Illumination Pkg, Dynamic Handing Pkg, Lift Gate Delete
As soon as the order to build is send to the plant and the sticker plus factory invoice is generated, about 1 week before build day, it automatically shows "in production" right away, but nothing actually happens till it's bucked in body shop and the build starts. It'll keep that status till the build is completed with all it's chips, and is ready to be shipped. It's then moved outside the plant to a ramp (numbered parking lot, of which there are several), waiting to be loaded on rail or convoy, which can take from a couple days to several weeks, depending on where your dealer is and when they have enough to fill a railcar/truck headed that way. If you're in AK, the wait will be a lot longer... Just wondering what your rotation number is. 4 digit on top of the sticker. There's another guy on her that has his Aviator going down the line an hour after mine, couple days after you. (Aug17)
Good to know. There are several 4 digit numbers, which one is it?

Pete@STAP

Jan 2, 2008
Ontario
My Lincoln
Good to know. There are several 4 digit numbers, which one is it?
Click on it. You'll find the same at the very bottom, right side, with the rotation/blend number being the last 4 on your sticker.

Attachments

• 4 digit.jpg
    4 digit.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Pete@STAP

Jan 2, 2008
Ontario
My Lincoln
2681 units ahead of me. Not sure how many they push out in a day. Seem to recall reading some place 2200-2400/day, which means they're on 3 shifts and makes yours ahead of mine by 2 days or so

Pete@STAP

Jan 2, 2008
Ontario
My Lincoln
Looks like I'm 4248.
:oops: I would have thought you'd be a lot closer to mine having a 8/15/22 build date. I'm 2599 with a 8/17 blend day. Take a look at your sticker and see what the day is to the left of your rotation number. Starts with 1....

Attachments

• blend.jpg
    blend.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 5