2023 Aviator Order

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Hotrod Lincoln 23

May 9, 2022
Tulsa, OK - USA
My Lincoln
2023 Aviator R1, AWD, Flight Blue, Ebony Roast, Illumination Pkg, Dynamic Handing Pkg, Lift Gate Delete
Really excited! We ordered a 2023 Reserve1 today. AWD, Flight Blue, Ebony Roast. Now the wait begins. Just hoping it's not as long as our wait for a new Bronco (1.5 yrs.), which is why we canceled that order and switched to the Aviator.

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
My Lincoln
2020 Aviator Reserve (2023 on order)
Congrats. The first order, I believe.

Peter

Heather

May 9, 2022
Really excited! We ordered a 2023 Reserve1 today. AWD, Flight Blue, Ebony Roast. Now the wait begins. Just hoping it's not as long as our wait for a new Bronco (1.5 yrs.), which is why we canceled that order and switched to the Aviator.
Congrats! I just called Lincoln Concierge. To my surprise she told me that they changed the date of accepting 2023 orders to June 2nd!!! Then she said...it would take 8 to 12 weeks for orders to be completed...which is good. I kept asking her if she was sure about the date being June 2nd...she told me she's reading it as we speak. Has anyone else heard that?

decompiled

Feb 11, 2022
My Lincoln
2022 Aviator Black Label Grand Touring
I belive they're going to be scheduling the first 2023 orders next Thursday for build dates starting 6/27. So they must be accepting orders now.

Heather

May 9, 2022
I belive they're going to be scheduling the first 2023 orders next Thursday for build dates starting 6/27. So they must be accepting orders now.
That's exactly what I told the representative...but she insisted. I thought she was mistaken.

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
My Lincoln
...............................Then she said...it would take 8 to 12 weeks for orders to be completed...which is good. ..............................................
Good morning Heather. Is that 8-12 weeks to have it built? That would be somewhat faster than what is currently being experienced. I would think 12-16 weeks might be more realistic. But I guess it all depends on the number of orders they get. Going with the Diamond Red Tri-coat? I'm leaning toward the Sandstone if the colour is what has been depicted lately.

Peter

Heather

May 9, 2022
Good morning Heather. Is that 8-12 weeks to have it built? That would be somewhat faster than what is currently being experienced. I would think 12-16 weeks might be more realistic. But I guess it all depends on the number of orders they get. Going with the Diamond Red Tri-coat? I'm leaning toward the Sandstone if the colour is what has been depicted lately.

Peter
Good morning Peter. Well when I called the concierge...I had the feeling that the representative I talked to was not well informed. For example.. I called her to ask if there were pictures/videos of the new colors. Her response was that they will be available on June 2nd because that's the day they will be accepting 2023 orders. I told her about the schedule we all read. She insisted that everything has changed and the new date is June 2nd. So I asked if the production will still start on June 27th? She said that they don't have a date for that yet. She told me that it would take 8 to 12 weeks for an order to be completed depending on the trim (as in the wait time for me). Given what she said to me about the production schedule...I'm not sure if we can rely on what she said. I prefer to get a light color...but I'm worried about getting the Jewel Sandstone as some pictures show a lot of yellow...and in the video it shows it a bit darker than I want...it's like a tan color. Unless it is my monitor. I hope before I order they will be providing better pictures/videos of the Aviator in that color.

Hotrod Lincoln 23

May 9, 2022
Tulsa, OK - USA
My Lincoln
2023 Aviator R1, AWD, Flight Blue, Ebony Roast, Illumination Pkg, Dynamic Handing Pkg, Lift Gate Delete
The only constraint that our dealer told me about was the Dynamic Handling Package that might cause a delay in it getting scheduled to build within a month from placing the order and then receive our Aviator by the first part of September. Going to hold out as long as possible for the Handling Package as we really do like that feature.

Heather

May 9, 2022
The only constraint that our dealer told me about was the Dynamic Handling Package that might cause a delay in it getting scheduled to build within a month from placing the order and then receive our Aviator by the first part of September. Going to hold out as long as possible for the Handling Package as we really do like that feature.
I want that feature as well mainly because of the lowering of the SUV for an easy entry..

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
My Lincoln

Heather

May 9, 2022
Came across this info.

View attachment 13703
View attachment 13704
Great link..thank you Peter. According to it...as to the 2023 Aviator in the US...production starts June 27...time from order to delivery is 20 to 22 weeks WOW! It's a lot better for Canada..14 to 16 weeks...

Hotrod Lincoln 23

May 9, 2022
Tulsa, OK - USA
My Lincoln
I want that feature as well mainly because of the lowering of the SUV for an easy entry..
We test drove one with and one without and the ride was quite smoother in the one that had it. That being said, the one without wasn't bad by any means.

Heather

May 9, 2022
Ok...I called the concierge again. I got a different representative. I didn't say that I called earlier...I simply asked the same question. Guess what...she also said that orders for the 2023 Aviators will be accepted on June 2nd and that they still don't have a date for the start of the production. When I told her about the dates we have been reading about and that dealers are already taking orders. She said the date has changed and dealers will simply hold on to orders until June 2nd. She assured me that no orders have been accepted yet. She searched for the Jewel Sandstone for several minutes...she couldn't find pictures or videos created by Lincoln in their system. I asked if it's possible that what we found so far was colorized...she said that it is a possibility. Of course the video of the Diamond Red at an auto show is definitely the real color. She suggested that I might find the Jewel sandstone color as well by googling for auto shows.

maxmaxximum

May 12, 2022
My Lincoln
2023 Aviator
Question for the ones that have ordered a 2023. Have you or have you not received a email confirmation from Lincoln?

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
My Lincoln
Question for the ones that have ordered a 2023. Have you or have you not received a email confirmation from Lincoln?
Welcome to the Forum. 👋
There are 2 documents that are involved with the order. The Vehicle Order Confirmation (VOC) and the Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement (DORA). The latter is the confirmation from Lincoln that the order has been received. I believe these are sent to the dealership who in turn should pass the info onto the customer.

Peter

Hotrod Lincoln 23

May 9, 2022
Tulsa, OK - USA
My Lincoln
Spoke to my Dealer yesterday and he gave me a tentative build date of August 15. No official email from Lincoln, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it happens.

loyalcubsfan

May 14, 2022
My Lincoln
2023 Lincoln Aviator Reserve
I ordered mine on 5/10 and got an email from Lincoln confirming my order had been placed on 5/12. Also got a copy of the order form from my dealer which had all my options, order #, etc on it.

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
My Lincoln
I ordered mine on 5/10 and got an email from Lincoln confirming my order had been placed on 5/12. Also got a copy of the order form from my dealer which had all my options, order #, etc on it.
That would be what they call the DORA. Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement form. The 1st document in the process is the VOC Vehicle Order Confirmation form.
Did the DORA show any feature deletions? Some of the 2022 orders have had specific deletions, to be installed later, due to the chip shortage.

Peter