2022 Navigator

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
Hey, do you know what the D stands for on my gear shift? There are many gears on a vehicle, some are automatic some are manual, you should look in the manual or contact the dealer as all cars have different gears, some have a sunroof and automatic windows. That's how you answered my question but you're upset with me. I'm not the one name calling, sooo...... No matter how much you underline or bold it does not mean it's true, just means you changed the font on INCORRECT info. See dlcorbett, he correctly and directly answered the question, anyway children off to bed.

Thank you for forcing me to accept your answer, but I'm the bully 🤷‍♂️

And if you don't know the answer or don't understand the question, it's ok to skip the post and say NOTHING, no need to get upset, IJS.

Hi chris. Wow, another totally ridiculous false flag attempt at being right. Your lack of reading comprehension is glaring. Just as you also attempted to tell TCrowe that he did not answer your question correctly. When he did answer it correctly.
You will get the correct answer from your Dealership. Anything other than that is a guess with good intentions. That is the correct answer. No one is forcing you to believe it, and you don't have to believe it, but you don't have the right to, or need to, bitch and moan about it.

Again, with all due respect to dlcorbett (who only tried to help, as I did) "I'm pretty sure..." is not a confirmation. And it is just as likely to be incorrect as correct. If not more so, since these parts/commodity shortages are ongoing, free flowing and changing from moment to moment, day to day, week to week. So an answer given yesterday is unlikely to apply to tomorrow. But you did not like that answer. Tough.

No one forced you to accept an answer. Wow, how disingenuous and obtuse of you. I stated you will get the correct answer from your Lincoln Dealership in this case. Not from Internet guesses, no matter how well the intentions. And that is the correct answer. And I provided additional information that may or may not help you, but may help others. But that is not allowed in your "All about me", "It's my question" world. If the narcissistic shoe fits, wear it Cinderella ("children off to bed"...lol)

And there was no name calling. When someone openly states they believe it is "All about me", and "My question", and egotistically tells others how to answer questions that you don't know the answer to, as though you direct the world narrative, they have unmasked themself as a narcissist.
It being all about you in your world describes it all.

Looking over your 20 replies on this forum, the vast majority in this one thread, what you mostly do is bitch and moan about your vehicle order taking too long. Along with a healthy dose of telling others how to answer your questions to your liking. You ask for a lot of help, but you don't help others much, except for being rather opinionated. Yet you have the unmitigated gall to complain how others answer your questions.

Unmasking a narcissist to himself is not upsetting. Except to you of course.

There is your bedtime story, children. "IJS"...lolololol

Good luck.

GrussGott

Jan 1, 2022
Hi chris. ... totally ridiculous false flag ... lack of reading comprehension ...bitch and moan ...disingenuous and obtuse ... If the narcissistic shoe fits, wear it Cinderella ... egotistically .. narcissist. ...bitch and moan ... unmitigated gall ... Unmasking a narcissist ... lolololol ...Good luck.

Take your own advice! Ignore him or block him
None of anything you spent a long time typing is of value to this thread, to him, or to you really.

Hangs1

Sep 13, 2022
My Lincoln
2023 Navigator L
Hey newbie here with a quick question. Is there a nook or cranny on the internet that hasn’t gone completely insane??
If I could move us past the ridiculousness of this thread I’d like to ask a real 1st world (Navigator owner) problem that needs an answer.
Lincoln for some reason does not have the rear view mirror camera. Escalade has had it for years, is it just me or is this really annoying??

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
FYI, you could have taken your own advice and simply skipped over his reply or blocked him.

Hi GG. Read over the replies again. I offered polite advice which also happens to be correct. I did not complain about his questions or give him a hard time, I answered them etc. He paid that back by complaining that he felt the advice did not properly fit his wishes. I addressed that.
Then then he also complained to TCrowe about his answer.

He did not need to say thank you or even acknowledge my answer or TCrowe's answer, but he did not need to complain as though he is paying for answers to his questions.

When someone outright admits that it's "All about me" and "It's my question", and is rude to me or others for no reason, then they are in the wrong.

He attacked me for offering polite help. I defended myself. I am here to help others. I don't post inane questions and complain about how other people did not answer to my satisfaction.

With all due respect GG, my replies to him stand.

Good luck.

GrussGott

Jan 1, 2022
Hey newbie here with a quick question. Is there a nook or cranny on the internet that hasn’t gone completely insane??
If I could move us past the ridiculousness of this thread I’d like to ask a real 1st world (Navigator owner) problem that needs an answer.
Lincoln for some reason does not have the rear view mirror camera. Escalade has had it for years, is it just me or is this really annoying??

These are good questions!

(1.) Internet Insanity?
Only if we actively return these corners to sanity (like the rest of country & world these days)

(2.) Rear view camera?
Well, it depends on your use case - if you routinely have your vehicle full of people or cargo that block the mirror, it's probably annoying. Personally I don't so it doesn't both me and ... despite making my bones in tech I generally don't trust it and I don't like fussy stuff that can break so I'm cool without but I can definitely see it being annoying and it doesn't seem like a big lift so it's a weird oversight / planned feature delete

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011

Hi Hangs1. Not sure which "rear view camera mirror" you are referring to. Do you mean the small screen located in the rear view mirror that shows what is behind the vehicle? If yes, those are replaced by the big SYNC 3/SYNC 4 screens being fed by the rear view cameras mounted on the trunk/hatch of our vehicles, which give a far larger and clearer rear view.

If you are referring to something else, sorry for misunderstanding and perhaps you can give more detail.

Good luck.

GrussGott

Jan 1, 2022
With all due respect GG, my replies to him stand.
That's sad for you, and for all of us.

My hope is the mods come in and delete all of the [edit] off-topic histrionics.

Last edited:

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
He means a rear view mirror that displays the output of a rear view camera or can be switched over to be just a mirror.

Hi GG. You mean the same rear view as we get on our SYNC screens? Yes, that was what I thought the was describing, but wanted to be sure.

Those rear view mirror screens were generally used before almost every vehicle being built had large screens in the dash which displayed the rear view camera.

I can only assume that feature was eliminated because it was redundant to have two rear views. One being a little screen embedded in the rear view mirror, and a second rear view displaying a larger, better view with higher clarity on an 8" plus screen in the dash.

At least, that would be my educated guess.

Good luck. 🍻

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
That's sad for you, and for all of us.

My hope is the mods come in and delete all of the [edit] off-topic histrionics.

I would have been pleased if it had never been initiated. But that has all been explained.

Perhaps you can also display your displeasure with the party that threw the first punches. Not only with the person defending himself. I've seen you [edit] express yourself in a rather extended manner too, when questioned/challenged about your opinion in the past. And I never jumped in to display any displeasure.

Last edited:

Hangs1

Sep 13, 2022
My Lincoln
2023 Navigator L
He means a rear view mirror that displays the output of a rear view camera across it's full length/width or can be switched over to be just a mirror.
Yes that is what I meant, thx.
Ok truth be told I got very annoyed with Escalades market adjustments and may not have totally understood all of the my now beloved Navs features. I had an Escalade a few years back and I loved flipping to rear view mirror cam on during road trips.
If the Nav has a good alternative then I’m all about it

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
Yes that is what I meant, thx.
Ok truth be told I got very annoyed with Escalades market adjustments and may not have totally understood all of the my now beloved Navs features. I had an Escalade a few years back and I loved flipping to rear view mirror cam on during road trips.
If the Nav has a good alternative then I’m all about it

Hi Hangs1. I am not sure if the rear view can be brought up while in motion on the Navigator SYNC screen, with the factory settings. I have read that it can be programmed to be available with FORScan software. But that is hearsay, not any firsthand knowledge I have.

Good luck.

GrussGott

Jan 1, 2022
Hi Hangs1. I am not sure if the rear view can be brought up while in motion on the Navigator SYNC screen, with the factory settings. I have read that it can be programmed to be available with FORScan software. But that is hearsay, not any firsthand knowledge I have.

Good luck.
The "it's on the dash screen" isn't relevant because that's a totally different feature/function: that view is only there when in reverse or when manually selected when in park or in parking mode.

The rear view mirror screen feature is always on, so functioning when going down the road at 75MPH, thus acting like a regular rear view mirror, just electronically.

Totally different features for totally different use-cases, thus having totally different functions.

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
The "it's on the dash screen" isn't relevant because that's a totally different feature/function: that view is only there when in reverse or when manually selected when in park or in parking mode.

The rear view mirror screen feature is always on, so functioning when going down the road at 75MPH, thus acting like a regular rear view mirror, just electronically.

Totally different features for totally different use-cases, thus having totally different functions.

Hi GG. I clearly addressed that in my replies. QUOTE "I am not sure if the rear view can be brought up while in motion on the Navigator SYNC screen, with the factory settings. I have read that it can be programmed to be available with FORScan software. But that is hearsay, not any firsthand knowledge I have."

Is this the way it is going to go now...lol

Good luck.

dlcorbett

Mar 22, 2017
What irks me about it was ford promoted them as having this feature for the transit connect vans amd has yet to do anything with them for retail sales, even for nav. This feature be an option on all suvs and large trucks atleast.

Psykostevo

Apr 10, 2022
My Lincoln
2020 Navigator L Reserve

Also, on many of the vehicles that have that rearview camera feature you can put an optional camera on the rear of your trailer and have it display in the rearview mirror screen while driving.

Chuck B

Sep 23, 2022
My Lincoln
2018 Lincoln Navigator
How is everyone else progressing with their orders?
Terrible - order Reserve on November 15, 2021 - said it was finally built on June 15, 2022. Since then, I've gotten 12 different silvery dates and all of them have not materialized - my latest one expires tomorrow but who knows. The dealership seems to be in the dark as much as I am - talked a Chicago regional person who tracked it and said it was scheduled to be shipped on August 30. Doesn't take 25 days to get from Louisville to Chicago!!! Love my 2018 and want to update but I'm totally frustrated with Lincoln and Ford. Does anyone know the contact information of someone higher up who can find this seemingly missing car? The guy I talked to was fired as part of Ford's restructuring - so my only contact above the dealership is gone!

Tcrowe

Jan 11, 2022
I ordered 10/23/2021 and it finally arrived in CA two weeks ago today. It’s still stuck at the rail yard because of trucker shortages. No one from the dealer can get it either so I’m back to being stuck in limbo.
Terrible - order Reserve on November 15, 2021 - said it was finally built on June 15, 2022. Since then, I've gotten 12 different silvery dates and all of them have not materialized - my latest one expires tomorrow but who knows. The dealership seems to be in the dark as much as I am - talked a Chicago regional person who tracked it and said it was scheduled to be shipped on August 30. Doesn't take 25 days to get from Louisville to Chicago!!! Love my 2018 and want to update but I'm totally frustrated with Lincoln and Ford. Does anyone know the contact information of someone higher up who can find this seemingly missing car? The guy I talked to was fired as part of Ford's restructuring - so my only contact above the dealership is gone!

GrussGott

Jan 1, 2022
I ordered 10/23/2021 and it finally arrived in CA two weeks ago today. It’s still stuck at the rail yard because of trucker shortages. No one from the dealer can get it either so I’m back to being stuck in limbo.
dang man, what a wait!

Well, mine is in production but ideally wouldn't be ready for delivery for 2 months ... looks like things might easily go in my favor there!