2022 Corsair GT upgraded replacement

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

kingdre

Great morning. Happy Thanksgiving. I'm new and glad to be here. I am currently driving my 2nd FoMoCo hybrid. I'm BEYOND excited to get the blue exterior, but I wanted the '21 Beyond Blue interior. I think Heaven is blue, God has a blue halo, and Im an AdultSmurf just so you know. lol.

So here is my journey. Oct 12 I get the legally-binding replacement decision. Oct 19 the RAV (reacquired vehicle) team reaches out. I just HATE that the '21 would have been an option. Nov 8 I was told I could order, but not to cover the FULL price that gave me the legally required same features (LED lights, massaging seats, pano roof). 11/16/21 I get approval for the full MSRP price via waiver. Now, its ordered at the dealer, but its now a 22. No problem. My priority code is 19. On 11/18/21 I got the VIN. Build week is 12/20. I would LOVE IT (ive prayed for it) if the production starts a few days earlier because Im hoping for a New Years Eve delivery so I can get the tax credit for 2021 lol.

I will keep updated as I can.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
Awesome! I have a 2021 GT and love it.

I initially just used the 120V 16A circuit to recharge. That takes around 11 hours. I had a licensed electrician install a 240V 20A dual pole circuit with a NEMA 6-20R outlet. That takes around 3 - 4 hours to recharge. The vehicle comes with a Webasto charging cable that can plug into the 120V outlet or by using an included adapter will plug into the 240V outlet. There is no need to have a Level 2 charging station installed as that will not improve charging times. The only reason to get a Level 2 charger is if you plan to upgrade to a BEV in the future. Otherwise, save yourself some money up front and forgo the Level 2 charger.

I know production at the factory has been impacted by the microchip crisis as well as parts shortages. 2021 model year Corsairs are now scheduled to build out on December 2 and 2022 model year Corsairs will begin production that same day.

kingdre

Thanks so much @RedHoncho. I'm nervous as SHIT because this problem started at 11k miles. I feel like a kid at a candy store for the FIRST time. I've never ordered a vehicl.e

HonestZabe

So, just got a message from Lincoln yesterday. My car is delayed yet again. My production date is now pushed to Dec 13. I have a priority of 01 given my 2021 was canceled on me by Ford. Must be another chip or other part shortage we haven't yet heard about in the news.

Interesting @kingdre that you have a priority of 19 and it'll be made a week after mine and the second week of production. Looks like no one is getting a 2022 before 2022 actually starts. And yes, I was hoping for the tax credit this year also, but doesn't look like it's happening for anyone ordering a 2022 now.

Voidoid

So, just got a message from Lincoln yesterday. My car is delayed yet again. My production date is now pushed to Dec 13. I have a priority of 01 given my 2021 was canceled on me by Ford. Must be another chip or other part shortage we haven't yet heard about in the news.

Interesting @kingdre that you have a priority of 19 and it'll be made a week after mine and the second week of production. Looks like no one is getting a 2022 before 2022 actually starts. And yes, I was hoping for the tax credit this year also, but doesn't look like it's happening for anyone ordering a 2022 now.
I’m still waiting on a production date for my 22, from an order placed 10/9. Hopeful for December production but my guess is that it’ll be January. Fingers crossed! My priority code is 10, but I guess it all depends on the options chosen and having the parts (chips!) in stock.

I’m grateful for this forum. It’s answered a ton of questions and I enjoy tracking others’ progress as we all go through “the wait.”

kingdre

I’m still waiting on a production date for my 22, from an order placed 10/9. Hopeful for December production but my guess is that it’ll be January. Fingers crossed! My priority code is 10, but I guess it all depends on the options chosen and having the parts (chips!) in stock.

I’m grateful for this forum. It’s answered a ton of questions and I enjoy tracking others’ progress as we all go through “the wait.”
I hear you. My priority code is 19 from the dealer, BUT Ford/Lincoln expedited me because of my lemon law case. I JUST got an email last night that my date pushed UP to the week of Dec 13.

kingdre

I just realized I messed up the color scheme choice. Let me see if it can be changed before production starts. UGH

kingdre

Quick update. I went to the dealer to see about adjusting the colors. Nope. Im slated for production on 12/17/21. Parts already created and loaded to install together. GM said I could and probably should have the truck before the year ends.