2022 Aviator Temp Display

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
My Lincoln
2020 Aviator Reserve
I had the number when we picked it up and after one of the many updates they disappeared.
After the last update they came back. I do all my updates using a USB flash drive.
I am on v3.4.21265
That is why you have them back again. Your vehicle had them from the factory. If it didn't, no update will restore what was never there.

Peter

Jpilot12

Dec 25, 2021
I just spoke with my service advisor regarding this issue. He said the temp "circle" not popping up is very common with Aviator models right now. Lincoln is apparently working with the app company to release an update by the end of this month to fix this issue. Once I hear back from him, I'll update this thread. At this point, even if you have the latest software version 21265, you may still have this problem until they release the next update.
Awesome. Thanks for the update !

netsurfr

Oct 14, 2021
Awesome. Thanks for the update !
I sure hope so cause I hate that I can't see the temp when changing it if i'm on a page that doesn't display temp or in carplay on my 22.

inmanlanier

Jan 17, 2022
That is why you have them back again. Your vehicle had them from the factory. If it didn't, no update will restore what was never there.

Peter
I'll respectfully disagree since the screen is a dumb device; all that appears on it should be driven by the coding in the software (sync in this case). I'm hopeful that with enough complaints this can get resolved.

Does anyone know if Ford/ Lincoln have folks that read these blogs or is there a way to feed this to the 'concierge' team?

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
My Lincoln
2020 Aviator Reserve
I guess saying "no update will restore what was never there" perhaps wasn't the best choice of words, having read numerous posts on what members in the Explorer forum have done with FORScan.
Ford used to have Service and In Vehicle Technology reps on the Explorer forum several years ago but then they were pulled from all forums. I don't know if they were on Lincoln forums as well.

Peter

inmanlanier

Jan 17, 2022
Ford used to have Service and In Vehicle Technology reps on the Explorer forum several years ago but then they were pulled from all forums.
In my usta place of work (I'm now retired), circa 2009 thru 2012 Ford did some downsizing. One of the most STUPID things they did was to get rid of the Quality Program infrastructure (instructors, mentors, SQM experts, etc.). I know this because my company was big time Quality and data driven. We were the first US company to compete for the international Deming prize (1988) (and won, by the way). I was an instructor of advanced SQM tools; we used Ford's Control Chart book as our guide (under license, of course). Several of those ex-Ford Statistical Quality gurus were hired for our Six Sigma programs when the exodus happened about 13 years ago.

I wouldn't be surprised what you refer to was simply a downsizing initiative. Lord knows they've been having profit issues for some time. What a shame.

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
My Lincoln
2020 Aviator Reserve
Any updates on when the software update will be available that addresses this issue?
We don't really know if Lincoln/Ford actually considers it an issue.

Peter

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
My Lincoln
2020 Aviator Reserve
Refer to post #40 in this thread.
Whoops.
banghead.gif

NoMoVan

Jul 14, 2022
My Lincoln
2022 Aviator
I have a 2022 grand touring and the temp like others was showing with Apple play when I first got the vehicle but then when the update was done it vanished. Per the mechanic at the dealership when the update was done this feature was removed from the grand touring and the the black labels but the reserves stayed the same which makes no difference. To me it’s a safety issue because to now see temp while in car play you must go to the link app on the screen press that then press other buttons before the temp displays. While the dealership had my car for almost 2 weeks on a whole other issue….yeah I’ll talk about that on another post….I had a 2020 aviator and noticed that the digital temp showed on the console by all the controls under the gear shift but while my 2002 has the area for the digital temp to display mine is blank. See pictures. Anyone else have this issue? 80DA33C7-5249-4E59-89A1-952A4E978EEA.jpeg

Attachments

• 2C4CDBD9-01B2-48D6-B088-73D6CFF6D60B.jpeg
    2C4CDBD9-01B2-48D6-B088-73D6CFF6D60B.jpeg
    384.2 KB · Views: 9

Garrett7864

Jan 11, 2021
Toledo Oh
My Lincoln
2022 Aviator Reserve, dynamic hndlng, adptv hdlights
I previously owned a 2020 Aviator reserve that was traded on a buyback for a 2022 Aviator reserve. The 2020 had the temp displays on the console like you show plus a duplicate on the upper right/left corner of the big screen. The 2022 reserve only has the temp numbers on the screen. I don’t use apple car play very often, but I can understand the irritation of then not being able to see temperature settings at all because of the ACP completely taking over the screen. What were the engineers thinking. More likely it was pressure from the bean counters winning the debate.

There were other features that lost out to what I call “de-contenting”. From 2020 to 2022, they also deleted the Adaptive Steering on my Reserve - maybe across the line? Now the steering is much slower, requiring a lot more cranking of the wheel when in parking lots. I miss the adaptive steering more than the temperature display. At least the 2022 has been otherwise problem-free at 5000 miles. By comparison, the 2020 spent 82 days in the shop before reaching that mileage, and still had a scary occasional “bug” in the AEB brakes throughout the 9 months it took to do the buyback.

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
My Lincoln
2020 Aviator Reserve
I have a 2022 grand touring and the temp like others was showing with Apple play when I first got the vehicle but then when the update was done it vanished. Per the mechanic at the dealership when the update was done this feature was removed from the grand touring and the the black labels but the reserves stayed the same which makes no difference. To me it’s a safety issue because to now see temp while in car play you must go to the link app on the screen press that then press other buttons before the temp displays. While the dealership had my car for almost 2 weeks on a whole other issue….yeah I’ll talk about that on another post….I had a 2020 aviator and noticed that the digital temp showed on the console by all the controls under the gear shift but while my 2002 has the area for the digital temp to display mine is blank. See pictures. Anyone else have this issue?
Welcome to the Forum. 👋
From reading other posts on the Reserve, I believe the temp display you circled was removed beginning with the 2021 model. 2022 Aviator Temp Display
I also don't believe this can be classified as a "safety issue" since I doubt that it is that important to know what the temperature is set at. I very seldom change mine from what the current setting is. I don't use Carplay so I'm not familiar with this issue but if you feel the temperature isn't right for you can't you just use the toggle switch to increase/decrease the temperature? No need to see it displayed.
BTW, do you have factory plastic covering on those controls? Seems like it looking at the picture.

Peter

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Jan 24, 2020
Burr Ridge, IL
Welcome to the Forum. 👋
From reading other posts on the Reserve, I believe the temp display you circled was removed beginning with the 2021 model. 2022 Aviator Temp Display
I also don't believe this can be classified as a "safety issue" since I doubt that it is that important to know what the temperature is set at. I very seldom change mine from what the current setting is. I don't use Carplay so I'm not familiar with this issue but if you feel the temperature isn't right for you can't you just use the toggle switch to increase/decrease the temperature? No need to see it displayed.
BTW, do you have factory plastic covering on those controls? Seems like it looking at the picture.

Peter
People make stuff up. Safety issue. Please.

NoMoVan

Jul 14, 2022
My Lincoln
2022 Aviator
Peter

there is no plastic over the controls. the Dealership is telling me no temp should be displayed there but from the research I’ve done I disagree. Does your show?

regarding safety issue…I can not see any temp displayed while is car play to get to a temp screen I’m pressing 3 different buttons to view which to me is a safety issue because the first is on the screen trying to locate temp instead of the road.

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
My Lincoln
2020 Aviator Reserve
Peter

there is no plastic over the controls. the Dealership is telling me no temp should be displayed there but from the research I’ve done I disagree. Does your show?

regarding safety issue…I can not see any temp displayed while is car play to get to a temp screen I’m pressing 3 different buttons to view which to me is a safety issue because the first is on the screen trying to locate temp instead of the road.
Yes, I have the display above the toggle switches but as mentioned in this thread, that feature was deleted with the 2021 model. I still don't believe it is a safety issue. If you feel that you have to change the temperature immediately, you can just toggle the switch to increase or decrease the setting. There isn't really any need to see it displayed, in my opinion. Also, when you use the toggle switch to increase/decrease the temperature, a large display will pop up on the screen showing what the temperature setting is. I have my HVAC set on Auto so there is little to no need to change it.

Peter

Last edited: