2022 Aviator Temp Display

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Lexxicat

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Jul 4, 2021
Melbourne, FL/Saco, ME
I had same result when I updated to 21265. No temp in circle.

I’m told the temp above toggle was eliminated in 2021.

Jpilot12

Dec 25, 2021
Like a J pilot 12 said, my 2022 reserve does not show the temperature above the little levers. My 2020 did. I started out with build ending in 194 and upgraded to 265. Nothing seemed to change at all. I only have the temperature read outs in the upper corners of the big screen. And I don’t get the pop-up circle when making a change. But it does show up for changing the fan speed just not when changing the temperature. Interestingly driving a 2022 Corsair, all of that works. You get the temperature in the upper corners of the big screen in the pop-up circle when you make a change. Now I wish I could recall whether it shows up in the little numbers above the levers. Can’t remember. I’m thinking about doing another USB download and starting all over. I thought it was all finished when I pulled the USB stick out, it said it was OK.
Sounds exactly like mine! I’ve tried the usb stick multiple times, each showing success but no change and still no temp display in the pop up circles. Only indication of temp is the corner displays but you have to navigate to that screen to see them and it’s extremely annoying, especially if you’re using CarPlay. Hopefully Lincoln will get an update soon to fix this.

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
My Lincoln
2020 Aviator Reserve (2023 on order)
The temperature display above the toggle switches was eliminated as mentioned, with the 2021 model. No existing update will return that.

Peter

Garrett7864

Jan 11, 2021
Toledo Oh
My Lincoln
2022 Aviator Reserve, dynamic hndlng, adptv hdlights
Thanks for the notes that the numbers above the toggles was deleted for 2021, grrrr.
Also a small nugget of knowledge: I tried to do a second update out of fear the first one to 265 did not "take". I started with a fresh download to a fresh USB stick. When doing the install with the usb put into the car, It said it was updating, and successful, but there was no xml file created onto the usb stick. Turns out, the first one WAS successful, and had the xml, and that apparently did upload back to ford from my pc. There was a cryptic file created on that SECOND usb that had a few words suggesting it did not succeed on the second try. It apparently already dectected the first update to 265. So no "do overs". I've read the previous comments, but to be totally clear, and to summarize: on my 2022 reserve, still same temperature readout in upper screen corners, no numbers at the toggle levers, no big circle when making changes to temp, just for the fan.

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
My Lincoln
............................................... Turns out, the first one WAS successful, and had the xml, and that apparently did upload back to ford from my pc. ................................
I also was unable to upload the XML file using my computer but several days later my account showed the updated version. It must have been reported over WiFi when the vehicle was parked in the garage. This has happened twice now although the latest one took at least a couple of weeks to report.

Peter

Lexxicat

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Jul 4, 2021
Melbourne, FL/Saco, ME
Thanks for the notes that the numbers above the toggles was deleted for 2021, grrrr.
Also a small nugget of knowledge: I tried to do a second update out of fear the first one to 265 did not "take". I started with a fresh download to a fresh USB stick. When doing the install with the usb put into the car, It said it was updating, and successful, but there was no xml file created onto the usb stick. Turns out, the first one WAS successful, and had the xml, and that apparently did upload back to ford from my pc. There was a cryptic file created on that SECOND usb that had a few words suggesting it did not succeed on the second try. It apparently already dectected the first update to 265. So no "do overs". I've read the previous comments, but to be totally clear, and to summarize: on my 2022 reserve, still same temperature readout in upper screen corners, no numbers at the toggle levers, no big circle when making changes to temp, just for the fan.
I was able to do a 2nd update, but same result. Says updated, but I don’t think it gave me a valid file to update on Ford site.

It’s interesting that both of our vehicles were recent builds with 21194 and when we checked for update via wi fi, it said our system was up to date. Also, both were not able to get the temp wheel back, but systems says 21265 was successfully installed.

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
My Lincoln
I was able to do a 2nd update, but same result. Says updated, but I don’t think it gave me a valid file to update on Ford site.

It’s interesting that both of our vehicles were recent builds with 21194 and when we checked for update via wi fi, it said our system was up to date. Also, both were not able to get the temp wheel back, but systems says 21265 was successfully installed.
When you got your 2022 it came with 21194. Are you sure that you had the temp/circle then? I have a feeling it was eliminated and therefore the update did not bring it back. It only brought it back for those that initially had it and then lost it with the 21194 update. In other words, there was nothing to restore on the 2022 models.

Peter

Lexxicat

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Jul 4, 2021
Melbourne, FL/Saco, ME
When you got your 2022 it came with 21194. Are you sure that you had the temp/circle then? I have a feeling it was eliminated and therefore the update did not bring it back. It only brought it back for those that initially had it and then lost it with the 21194 update. In other words, there was nothing to restore on the 2022 models.

Peter
I did not have it when vehicle delivered with 21194 in December.

Garrett7864

Jan 11, 2021
Toledo Oh
My Lincoln
2022 Aviator Reserve, dynamic hndlng, adptv hdlights
My 2022 arrived with 21194 and also did not have the “circle” animation for temp at that time.
A 2022 Corsair I test drove did have the circle for temperature. And the Corsair had 21194 installed too. So the speculation continues.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Jan 24, 2020
Burr Ridge, IL
My 2022 arrived with 21194 and also did not have the “circle” animation for temp at that time.
A 2022 Corsair I test drove did have the circle for temperature. And the Corsair had 21194 installed too. So the speculation continues.
There, unfortunately, seems to be no consistency in Sync 3 across various models and trim lines.

What day of the week did you order? That could determine what is in your vehicle. Only sort of joking.

aoliule

Jan 21, 2022
I have a 22 Aviator GT, picked it up in December and it did not have the "circle" for temp when I change the temp while on carplay. I would have to unplug my iPhone to see the temp. I took the car to the dealer today for some screen issues, during that time, they gave me a 20 Navi loaner to drive, the Navi had the "circle" for temp while on carplay. When I got my car back, it still had the same issue of no "circle" for temp while on Carplay, I just checked my software version and it's 21265. It seems like this is a common issue. My AC level "circle" however, does show when on carplay, just not the temp "circle".

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
My Lincoln
^^Welcome to the Forum.
wavey.gif

That feature is no longer available. I believe it was discontinued with the 2021 model. My 2020 Reserve has it.

Peter

WKDANI

Dec 14, 2020
I have the numbers after I did the last update.

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
My Lincoln
I have the numbers after I did the last update.
Not sure which Aviator you have but did yours have the temp display in the circle when you bought it. Adding the vehicle info in a Signature would be helpful.:)

Peter

WKDANI

Dec 14, 2020
I had the number when we picked it up and after one of the many updates they disappeared.
After the last update they came back. I do all my updates using a USB flash drive.
I am on v3.4.21265

Wolfepack88

Jan 11, 2022
Did they ever explain why they removed the temp display above the toggles? My eye catches that faster than looking on the screen. I have a 2020 and hope no software update eliminates that. Its like the idea of a going into a screen vs just being able to rotate a knob or bump a toggle which is so much easier and I thought was one of the advantages of the Aviator layout vs many of the overly complicated adjustment routines of competitor vehicles.

aoliule

Jan 21, 2022
I just spoke with my service advisor regarding this issue. He said the temp "circle" not popping up is very common with Aviator models right now. Lincoln is apparently working with the app company to release an update by the end of this month to fix this issue. Once I hear back from him, I'll update this thread. At this point, even if you have the latest software version 21265, you may still have this problem until they release the next update.