2022 Aviator Production Schedule

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Exit32

Update: Today, I received an e-mail message from Lincoln Motor Company to inform me that my 2022 Aviator has been shipped and is "... on its way."

I called the sales manager at my dealership to request the number of the rail car that will transport my Aviator from Chicago to Boston. He checked the Vehicle Visibility Report, but the only info available was "at ramp" status. He promised to continue checking for a rail-car number and will let me know as soon as it's available.

For destinations east of the Mississippi, Ford uses CSX to ship cars from the Chicago Assembly Plant. I want the rail-car number so I can use the CSX Touch-Trace Telephone Tracking system to monitor the location of my new Aviator as it makes its way to Boston. This will help me "manage the wait."

Update: Today, I received an e-mail message from Lincoln Motor Company to inform me that my 2022 Aviator has been shipped and is "... on its way."

I called the sales manager at my dealership to request the number of the rail car that will transport my Aviator from Chicago to Boston. He checked the Vehicle Visibility Report, but the only info available was "at ramp" status. He promised to continue checking for a rail-car number and will let me know as soon as it's available.

For destinations east of the Mississippi, Ford uses CSX to ship cars from the Chicago Assembly Plant. I want the rail-car number so I can use the CSX Touch-Trace Telephone Tracking system to monitor the location of my new Aviator as it makes its way to Boston. This will help me "manage the wait."
So my dealership told me that when they say its shipped its basically ready for transport and may not actually be "shipped" for a couple days.

Storcutt

Hi all... Has anyone else ordered a bronze smoke? Has anyone even seen that color in real life? My wife is freaking out (not much we can do about it now) that she made the wrong choice. All the pictures and renders look off... Which isn't unusual. Build week is 10/18, which isn't bad considering we just ordered July 16th.

tdhawkeyes

Hi all... Has anyone else ordered a bronze smoke? Has anyone even seen that color in real life? My wife is freaking out (not much we can do about it now) that she made the wrong choice. All the pictures and renders look off... Which isn't unusual. Build week is 10/18, which isn't bad considering we just ordered July 16th.
Hey Storcutt: happy for you. I have had a GT ordered since March 15, 2021.

Garrett7864

Toledo Oh
I ordered my 2022 Aviator on March 30, so five days after you ordered yours. Within 24 hours of placing my order, I received an e-mail confirmation from Lincoln Motor Company. Did your dealer provide your e-mail address to Lincoln to enable them to send updates to you directly? If not, ask them to do so immediately.

My dealership is also small; they sell only Lincoln vehicles (no Fords). Did you receive a copy of the Order Summary at the time you placed your order? If so, you should be able to confirm that your 2022 Aviator is a RETAIL order and that the PRIORITY CODE is between 10 and 19 (the usual priority for retail orders).

FWIW, here's a summary of my order's timeline:

30-Mar-2021: Ordered at local Lincoln dealership; Priority Code 19
30-Mar-2021: Order confirmed via e-mail from Lincoln Motor Company
29-Jul-2021: Scheduled for production week of 27-Sep-2021 (e-mail from Lincoln)
29-Jul-2021: Assigned VIN: 5LM5J7XC4NGLxxxxx
05-Aug-2021: Production week changed to week of 06-Sep-2021 (e-mail from Lincoln)
01-Sep-2021: Window sticker available at shop.lincoln.com/vehicle-order-tracking#/
01-Sep-2021: Blend date assigned; production scheduled for 07-Sep-2021
09-Sep-2021: Order status now indicates "in production" on 09-Sep-2021
09-Sep-2021: Order status now indicates expected delivery on 09-Oct-2021
18-Sep-2021: "Your Lincoln has been built." (e-mail from Lincoln)
18-Sep-2021: Order status now indicates "built"
18-Sep-2021: Order status now indicates expected delivery on 15-Oct-2021
Relative to priority codes. - I looked up my priority code. My dealer used a priority code of 11 for our order.
I continue to see optimistic predictions for so many forum contributors for their ordered 2022 aviators. Orders existing from as early as March, like mine, all the way out to many months later are showing predicted deliveries in October. The verbal estimate that I get from both the concierge, and my sales manager suggest December. If I was a conspiracy theorist person I would say that all of the contributors on this site are just one big conspiracy. But I don’t believe that! The priority on mine on paper was 19 back on March 25. And the dealer suggests since it is a RAV order that it would get priority. So where does the December date come from? I’ve tried petitioning the RAV person I concierge, and the sales manager at my little dealership. Any other ideas who I could build a fire under to get some kind of priority on my build? “Color me Dismayed in Toledo “

I continue to see optimistic predictions for so many forum contributors for their ordered 2022 aviators. Orders existing from as early as March, like mine, all the way out to many months later are showing predicted deliveries in October. The verbal estimate that I get from both the concierge, and my sales manager suggest December. If I was a conspiracy theorist person I would say that all of the contributors on this site are just one big conspiracy. But I don’t believe that! The priority on mine on paper was 19 back on March 25. And the dealer suggests since it is a RAV order that it would get priority. So where does the December date come from? I’ve tried petitioning the RAV person I concierge, and the sales manager at my little dealership. Any other ideas who I could build a fire under to get some kind of priority on my build? “Color me Dismayed in Toledo “
Did you ask RAV to prioritize it and give them the order number? When I did mine that's what I did and I am picking up mine today.

Just picked up my Aviator GT Today and it is awesome. Air suspension is well worth the upgrade also surprisingly I think I prefer this one without the adaptive steering as it seem to me to feel better. (Adaptive steering is no longer included after I believe 2020 and is now EPAS). Attached are some pictures as well as my timeline. Only thing I don't like so far is the removal of soft close doors but I am sure ill get use to it.

Jun 21st order confirmed
June 24th order scheduled for production
Sep. 4 built
Sep 10 shipped
Sep 21st arrived at dealer lot (no email still thinks its in transit got a call from dealer)
Sep 24th picked up from dealer

Attachments

• DSC_0548.JPG
    DSC_0548.JPG
    197.8 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC_0551.JPG
    DSC_0551.JPG
    237.3 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC_0547.JPG
    DSC_0547.JPG
    288.1 KB · Views: 22

Exit32

Just picked up my Aviator GT Today and it is awesome. Air suspension is well worth the upgrade also surprisingly I think I prefer this one without the adaptive steering as it seem to me to feel better. (Adaptive steering is no longer included after I believe 2020 and is now EPAS). Attached are some pictures as well as my timeline. Only thing I don't like so far is the removal of soft close doors but I am sure ill get use to it.

Jun 21st order confirmed
Sep. 4 built
Sep 10 shipped
Sep 21st arrived at dealer lot (no email still thinks its in transit got a call from dealer)
Beautiful new Aviator, silverydragon72!

Thanks for sharing your timeline and the superb pix!

sspradley

Greetings,
I ordered a GT in August and the status has it 'in production' with no dates at all. It has a VIN and Window Sticker. According to other posts, I should probably expect it in Nov/Dec?

moose66

SUPPORTING MEMBER

Jun 21st order confirmed
Sep. 4 built
Sep 10 shipped

Congrats and enjoy. Love the color combo. Just like what I have on the Mrs. MDX. Looks elegant!

Greetings,
I ordered a GT in August and the status has it 'in production' with no dates at all. It has a VIN and Window Sticker. According to other posts, I should probably expect it in Nov/Dec?
Did you get an email that it is in production yet or just the update on the site?

Garrett7864

Toledo Oh
Did you ask RAV to prioritize it and give them the order number? When I did mine that's what I did and I am picking up mine today.
I have already begged my RAV person for any help with only vague estimates provided. But I will now take your advice and specifically provide my order details and ask for increasing the priority,,,, Monday.

tgara

LOL.... that's crazy, bro! Like tracking a package from FedEx! :p

If you have the VIN (which I assume you do), in theory, couldn't you plug the VIN into the Lincoln Way app, set it up and get a location of your vehicle? Maybe even work some of the remote features? Roll down the windows perhaps? ;)

ideadirect

We're starting to shop for new car and looking at Aviator, GV80, waiting for S-type MDX. Leaning towards Aviator but new to the brand. The dealers nearby are marking up MSRP by ~$10k which totally makes me not want to support that kind of dealer.
Are you all recently able to special order at MSRP? Do you do this directly through Lincoln or are you doing this through the dealer? I don't mind waiting for a vehicle but I refuse to pay over MSRP.

tgara

We're starting to shop for new car and looking at Aviator, GV80, waiting for S-type MDX. Leaning towards Aviator but new to the brand. The dealers nearby are marking up MSRP by ~$10k which totally makes me not want to support that kind of dealer.
Are you all recently able to special order at MSRP? Do you do this directly through Lincoln or are you doing this through the dealer? I don't mind waiting for a vehicle but I refuse to pay over MSRP.
Ford is moving to an online order system, which is, to some, unique. Time will tell I guess.

If you go onto the Lincoln website, you can see the custom order steps at the bottom of the page. Not sure how dealers are handling that With respect to sales price — worth asking about though. The MSRP markups we are seeing now by dealers are nothing more than a supply and demand problem — few cars available and high demand. Things will probably return to normal one the production delays and shortages are worked out, but it’s unclear at this point when that will occur.

Exit32

LOL.... that's crazy, bro! Like tracking a package from FedEx! :p

If you have the VIN (which I assume you do), in theory, couldn't you plug the VIN into the Lincoln Way app, set it up and get a location of your vehicle? Maybe even work some of the remote features? Roll down the windows perhaps? ;)
Theoretically, yes, you could track the location using the Lincoln Way app, but that requires the vehicle's modem to be activated and modems are not activated at the factory.

Activating a modem requires the owner to be in the vehicle in order to start the vehicle and accept the activation confirmation displayed on the vehicle's touchscreen.

How do I know all this? I tried to use the Lincoln Way app to track the location of my 2022 Aviator and failed. :(

My Dealer did MSRP but I have heard others are not. Were are you at approximately?