2022 Aviator Production Schedule

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Ohio
Picked up the Aviator and it is everything one could hope for. What a car!!
I was at the dealership today and thought I saw your Aviator. They had a Aviator GT in the showroom marked sold. It was Pristine White with the Roast interior. Someone else had similar taste!

Exit32

What is a blend date???
The Blend Date appears at the top of the vehicle's window sticker. It is the date on which all parts required to build the vehicle are staged at the assembly plant. Typically, the vehicle is assembled a day or two after the Blend Date.

In the United States, the Blend Date appears after the numeral "1" and is presented in year/month/day format. For example, if the window sticker shows a Blend Code of 120210907, it means it's a U.S. vehicle and all of its assembly parts will be available at the plant on September 7, 2021.

harleykesselman

The Blend Date appears at the top of the vehicle's window sticker. It is the date on which all parts required to build the vehicle are staged at the assembly plant. Typically, the vehicle is assembled a day or two after the Blend Date.

In the United States, the Blend Date appears after the numeral "1" and is presented in year/month/day format. For example, if the window sticker shows a Blend Code of 120210907, it means it's a U.S. vehicle and all of its assembly parts will be available at the plant on September 7, 2021.
Thanks for the explanation. My sticker shows a blend date of 10/02 but the tracker says it’s in production now. Is this possible?

aviator47

Thanks for the explanation. My sticker shows a blend date of 10/02 but the tracker says it’s in production now. Is this possible?
I think the tracking system has some real problems. My Aviator shows in production according to the tracking system. My dealer and the concierge say it is built. The production complete on the tracker shows 10/8. Strangely this is also the estimated delivery date. Went into production 9/8. Blend date was 9/6. Emails have been sporadic. Scheduled production and changed production each generated emails. No email for starting production or production complete. No emails since.

Exit32

Update: I received an e-mail message from Lincoln Motor Company at 6:24 a.m. EDT today that announced my 2022 Aviator "has been built." This is the only e-mail I've received from Lincoln since August 5.

The Lincoln Order Tracking System now predicts delivery by October 15. Before today, the delivery date was October 9. In addition, the Order Tracking System says that my Aviator was In Production on 9/9/2021 and Built on 10/15/2021.

Don't know how they can say my Aviator "has been built" then specify a Built date that's in the future. I agree with aviator47's observation that the tracking system has some real problems.

Update: I received an e-mail message from Lincoln Motor Company at 6:24 a.m. EDT today that announced my 2022 Aviator "has been built." This is the only e-mail I've received from Lincoln since August 5.

The Lincoln Order Tracking System now predicts delivery by October 15. Before today, the delivery date was October 9. In addition, the Order Tracking System says that my Aviator was In Production on 9/9/2021 and Built on 10/15/2021.

Don't know how they can say my Aviator "has been built" then specify a Built date that's in the future. I agree with aviator47's observation that the tracking system has some real problems.
Same the dates from the tracker aren't the best. So if yours follows what mine did you should get a shipped email around Wednesday timeframe. It will provide an updated delivery estimated date as an example mine says between September 30th and October 6th. Per conversations with my dealer this should be fairly accurate.

Garrett7864

Toledo Oh
It is encouraging to see there is lots of activity regarding ordered Aviator customers getting Lincoln confirmation of ordering, then VIN numbers, then blend dates, or build dates. And a few were ordered back in April or as early as mine was placed - MARCH 25 2021. I‘ve pestered my little Bowling Green Ohio Lincoln dealer multiple times finding no additional information. I’ve called Lincoln Concierge, also with no help, citing they need a VIN number.

Thanks to those who confirmed their orders at small dealers, or with the dynamic handling package, were apparently NOT delayed by either of those criteria, or RAV non-priority either. So tomorrow I intend to get very persistent with Lincoln concierge. Wish me luck.

It is encouraging to see there is lots of activity regarding ordered Aviator customers getting Lincoln confirmation of ordering, then VIN numbers, then blend dates, or build dates. And a few were ordered back in April or as early as mine was placed - MARCH 25 2021. I‘ve pestered my little Bowling Green Ohio Lincoln dealer multiple times finding no additional information. I’ve called Lincoln Concierge, also with no help, citing they need a VIN number.

Thanks to those who confirmed their orders at small dealers, or with the dynamic handling package, were apparently NOT delayed by either of those criteria, or RAV non-priority either. So tomorrow I intend to get very persistent with Lincoln concierge. Wish me luck.
Is there any other Lincoln dealerships you can use instead? If yours is a RAV one you should get a confirmation and typically a priority build quickly. I think when I ordered mine I got confirmation within a day and a vehicle was scheduled email about 3 days later.

Exit32

I ordered my 2022 Aviator on March 30, so five days after you ordered yours. Within 24 hours of placing my order, I received an e-mail confirmation from Lincoln Motor Company. Did your dealer provide your e-mail address to Lincoln to enable them to send updates to you directly? If not, ask them to do so immediately.

My dealership is also small; they sell only Lincoln vehicles (no Fords). Did you receive a copy of the Order Summary at the time you placed your order? If so, you should be able to confirm that your 2022 Aviator is a RETAIL order and that the PRIORITY CODE is between 10 and 19 (the usual priority for retail orders).

FWIW, here's a summary of my order's timeline:

30-Mar-2021: Ordered at local Lincoln dealership; Priority Code 19
30-Mar-2021: Order confirmed via e-mail from Lincoln Motor Company
29-Jul-2021: Scheduled for production week of 27-Sep-2021 (e-mail from Lincoln)
29-Jul-2021: Assigned VIN: 5LM5J7XC4NGLxxxxx
05-Aug-2021: Production week changed to week of 06-Sep-2021 (e-mail from Lincoln)
01-Sep-2021: Window sticker available at shop.lincoln.com/vehicle-order-tracking#/
01-Sep-2021: Blend date assigned; production scheduled for 07-Sep-2021
09-Sep-2021: Order status now indicates "in production" on 09-Sep-2021
09-Sep-2021: Order status now indicates expected delivery on 09-Oct-2021
18-Sep-2021: "Your Lincoln has been built." (e-mail from Lincoln)
18-Sep-2021: Order status now indicates "built"
18-Sep-2021: Order status now indicates expected delivery on 15-Oct-2021

Garrett7864

Toledo Oh
Thanks for all the details on your order, exit32. Yep, they’ve got my email, and I did get at least the first order placement confirmation. I checked my priority code on the order sheet, it was 19. I assume that’s the best?. Today I talked to the concierge people again. This time the young lady I got advised me that, no, I do not need to have a Vin number for them to dig into it, as I was erroneously told last week by a different concierge person. She did find my order, and that it was “clean”. She promised to investigate and get back by Wednesday. I’m just waiting to hear back from them now, and hope we can break the logjam on this without more delays. 😬

Exit32

Thanks for all the details on your order, exit32. Yep, they’ve got my email, and I did get at least the first order placement confirmation. I checked my priority code on the order sheet, it was 19. I assume that’s the best?. Today I talked to the concierge people again. This time the young lady I got advised me that, no, I do not need to have a Vin number for them to dig into it, as I was erroneously told last week by a different concierge person. She did find my order, and that it was “clean”. She promised to investigate and get back by Wednesday. I’m just waiting to hear back from them now, and hope we can break the logjam on this without more delays. 😬
Good that you found a more responsive and more knowledgeable concierge, Garret. Hopefully, you'll get some info from the concierge on Wednesday.

Priority Code 19 is typical for a small dealership to use, and it's likely they assign 19 to all retail orders. In fact, the Lincoln online ordering system defaults to 19 whenever a retail order is placed. Your dealer has the authority to change your Priority Code to a lower number (lower means more urgent), but if all their retail orders are Priority Code 19, then all vehicles for that dealership will be built essentially in chronological order -- assuming parts are available.

If your order requires special attention due to extenuating circumstances, then the dealership can work with their Lincoln regional manager to perhaps bump the Priority Code to a number less than 10 if justified. A Priority Code of 01 is very, very rare and tells the factory, "Build this one immediately."

Please let us know what you find out from the concierge on Wednesday.

So good news for me my Aviator arrived early at the dealership. They will have it ready for me to pick it up Friday. Will post more when I get it. Below is the timeline I experienced with my priority order.

Jun 21st order confirmed
June 24th order scheduled for production
Sep. 4 built
Sep 10 shipped
haven't received the confirmation email that it has been delivered but dealer confirmed it is as of today.

Hopefully this is helpful for others looking to receive theirs and what the timeline can potentially look like.

Blusher2502

So good news for me my Aviator arrived early at the dealership. They will have it ready for me to pick it up Friday. Will post more when I get it. Below is the timeline I experienced with my priority order.

Jun 21st order confirmed
June 24th order scheduled for production
Sep. 4 built
Sep 10 shipped
haven't received the confirmation email that it has been delivered but dealer confirmed it is as of today.

Hopefully this is helpful for others looking to receive theirs and what the timeline can potentially look like.
Where is your dealer located?